bicycle bicycle bicycle

Looking to ride in Maui

I'm going to be in Maui for 11 days in December with my wife and would like to do some riding while out there. I'm an intermediate XC rider spending most of my time on my rigid SS.

I would be interested in any group rides going on while I'm there (Dec. 21 - 31).

Also will need to rent a bike as I don't plan on packing mine over. Don't expect to find a SS so I'll ride whatever I can find.

Any help our info on group rides would be appreciated.

Peace

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    . . .can't send a shout out for Maui although it's a beautiful island. Actually, from a rider's point-of-view, considering the weather typical of the time of year, you might have a lot to do without the bike - road to Hana, see the sunrise at Haleakala, jump off the rocks at 7-pools, etc. Sometimes, time spent off the bike is a good focus/diversion from that which is important when you're without a bike. . . just a thought.

~~~~~~~~
    pretty low key scene here, group rides tend to be informal. Try checking with the shops.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

what about biking in March?

is March a better time for biking in Maui? we're planning a trip and I am looking for rentals and trails, etc.

thanks.