Thread: Kvibe

Canuck on this Rock

Kvibe

As most of you all know, I am the Project Manager and Case Manager at KVIBE, a non-profit bike shop that assists the at-risk youth in Kalihi. I work at schools getting kids out of gangs, teach substance abuse issues and of course the bike.

The reason I am posting this, is if any of you guys see any abandoned BMX bikes sitting on the side of the road waiting for trash pickup, we can certainly use it. Doesn't matter what condition. I give about 400 bikes a year to the youth, and we need bikes like crazy!

We also promote mountain biking with the kids and take them out to trails, so we always need old mountain bike equipment that you guys may not want anymore.

Thanks guys, check out the site that was made by the local youth for additional info.

http://bikeexchange.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Big shout out to Kvibe!

My kids outgrew their old BMX bikes, and my wife donated them to Kvibe a couple months back when we upgraded them to "real" MTBs. Spicoli, you and the crew do great work, it's a noble cause and makes a big difference to a bunch of kids. If any of you out there on Oahu can help them out, it is definitely worth your time.

Mahalo!
    Whit