Thread: Kauai Passion

TiFreak
    Aug 2007

Kauai Passion

Just got my frame back and just wanted to share it with you guy's. It's a ti Seven Sola anodized by Leni Fried. The crank's and h-bar are titanium by Morati. The paint is by House of Kolor and it's one of their chameleon paint's.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Looking Sweet!!! Can't wait to see it built.

Spud State Rider
    very nice!

TiFreak
    Aug 2007
    Here's some shot's of my crank's. They are Morati titanium crank's with a carbon fiber bash guard and chainring. The bolt's are alloy but I'm changing them to purple. Engraved into the bash guard is KU'U 'ANELA O NA KILAKILA MAUNA. If you look the O is a 3/4 carat emerald and so is the apostrophe for 'ANELA. The second apostrophe for KU'U will be a orange sapphire. The paint is by house of kolor and is one of their kameleon paint's.

Former MTBR Member
    Mar 2004
    I hope you're done building that thing by July 4th. I can't wait to see it covered in mud!

TiFreak
    Aug 2007

Update

Here's some pictures of what she looks like now. The seat collar is temporary and I'm going to change the headset to a Cane Creek 110 in purple. I'm not sure if I'm leaving the water bottle cage either. As is she's about 12.75 lbs. When done I think she'll weigh no more than 15.5 lbs.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Um, so, yeah, it's a nice 'build' and everything but when will we see some 'Action Shots'? Or is this just a 'Museum Bike'?

Seriously... it's a VERY NICE BUILD - don't be offended; I jus' want to see the machine in action. I mean, c'mon, it's like having an order of Hanama'ulu Cafe crispy-chicken and only looking at it - gotta grind'em too!

Former MTBR Member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by emptybe_er
    I jus' want to see the machine in action.
    Pow-er-line! Pow-er-line! Pow-er-line!

TiFreak
    Aug 2007
    Trust me she will be ridden. I'm going to do my brakes this week end and hopefully by next friday I'll be taking her on her maiden voyage up towards blue hole. Actually I hope its raining so she can get real dirty. Also the wheels you see on her now are for rides on the bike path at Lydgate or Kealia. I have a set of CK's with a more aggresive tire on it for every day riding.

Sign Killa
    You gotta come back out to the West side and grind up the trail from Kekaha with us again. I'd love to try a roll up the mountain with 15lbs under me instead of 37. Coming down... not so much.

TiFreak
    Aug 2007

Update

Here she is with the brakes on. I also threw on the cranks real quickly for a picture and didnt even notice they were on the wrong side. It was just for a quick picture to get an idea of what she'll look like done.

Yes, that's fonetic
    Rim brakes? How retro.

TiFreak
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by whodaphuck
    Rim brakes? How retro.
    Call me old school if you will. Never ridden a full suspension, still use v-brakes and 80mm of travel is alot to me. I'll never convert like Ned.

mtbr member
    Trick paint job!

mtbr member
    sweet ... but isn't the crank/chainring on the wrong side?