YESBRO!!!

New question here. An indecent proposal...

Hi all,

I'll give you one million dollars to sleep with your wi...

..er, wait that one's already been done.

um...

the girlfriend and i are coming to kauai for a wedding this next week and we'll have tuesday and wednesday free to do whatever.

i'd love to either ride the most challenging road or mtb ride there. we're from SF and we race year round here in NorCal on MTBs and CX bikes.

i've looked at the sticky thread however given the infrequent updates, i thought i may have better luck soliciting a personal guide.

i can offer you a bit of cash for your time and if you can ever make it to the Bay area in NorCal, i can show you all the hidden treasures and give you all the free beer you can drink, as i own a german beer hall in marin county. it's actually at the bottom of Repack, from the Klunkers movie.

road or mountain, i don't care. whichever one is more epic. we can do it on either tuesday or wednesday, whatever works for you. we'll need to rent a couple of bikes but can bring our own shoes/pedals/helmets etc. i ride a 55cm/56cm and she rides a 53cm/54cm.

in my travels i've discovered that it's best to not rely on guide books as local knowledge usually trumps all else - like where the best beer and food is post ride.

if you can play tour guide we'd be thrilled to work something out!

cheers!

~d

Former MTBR Member
    Mar 2004

THIS Tuesday and Wednesday?

The 11th and 12th of August? I'm down with a ride if it's doable, but it's looking a little, um, hurricany.

YESBRO!!!
    optimistically, that'd be great, assuming and hoping the storm does not increase in strength.

maybe a road ride might work out better if it's raining? at least the rain will be warm right?

Former MTBR Member
    Mar 2004

I guess we'll see...

... how things shape up in the next 48 hours. Road riding might be the ticket—but that's not my bag.

Check Kauai Cycle for road bike rentals and info if that's how it turns out. They rent MTBs too, if we dodge a bullet and it stays dry.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...0&unit=0&lg=en

Former MTBR Member
    Mar 2004
    Looks like the storm is slowing down... might be able to sneak one in on Tuesday am... I'll pm my cell and email address...

YESBRO!!!
    hey there...

we ended up doing a bunch of touristy things.

then we hiked the nepali coast and camped for a couple of nights.