Doer of the Nasty
    Mar 2004

Hawaii State CX Championships?

Yes, this is about Cyclocross, not mountain biking, but the Hawaii forum on RBR looks fairly deserted, so I thought I'd post here.

I'm lucky enough to be traveling to Waikiki next month for business, and I just found out the Hawaii State Cyclocross Championships are taking place while I'm there. Does anyone have any information about this event? All I could find is a flyer on the USAC site. Also, is there anywhere to rent a CX bike? Or can anyone hook me up with some of the local cyclocrossers to see if I could borrow/rent a bike from one of them?

I know this is kind of a goofy post, but if I could do a CX race in Hawaii, I think I'd lose my freakin' mind. Thanks for any help you can give me!

Canuck on this Rock
    Yeah, I just got the flyer too. Not sure about rental bikes, but The Bike Shop in Kailua has a couple of crossers that may be able to help you locate a bike. Its at a place called Sand Island which is on the south shore of Oahu. Close enough to Waikiki or the Business distict. I hope you can make it, my son may race it.

Doer of the Nasty
    Mar 2004
    I'm glad they moved it to Sand Island. I'm definitely doing the race now, I'm just not sure yet about the bike. I guess I'll start calling the shops and see what they can do. Worst case scenario, I'll just rent a mountain bike from one of the shops, and I can just ride to the venue. Tell your son to say Hi to the guy in the HUP United kit.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Bike Rental

Try Boca Hawaii or the Bikefactory. If you can't rent a bike there, they'd know the best place. The managers of both places will be in the finals. Ray and Karl. Cheers.