mtbr member

going to Oahu TOO

I will be in Oahu for my honey moon from the 23rd to the 3rd, I really wanna go on an easy ride somewhere so I can take some nice pictures and stuff like that. Last thing I wanna do is get hurt on my honey moon..... That being said, are there any places I can rent a bicycle( mountain) and some simple trail loops that can be done? I will also have to buy a helmet while I am there of course. Any info would be great help, Thank you in advance.

Edit: I will be in the Ko Olina area.

mtbr member

Aloha

Aloha

You can rent a decent bike at Boca Hawaii, 330 Cooke St near Ala Moana. There's a great place to ride about 20-30 min away at Royal Summit. Some climbing involved, but not super technical unless you hit the jumps! Good views, too. You can also head up north from where you are staying for an easy spin around Kaena Point which will take you around the NW corner of the island - ocean and mountain views as well.

PM me if you want a guide or get in on a group ride.

mtbr member
    sweet great info, I will keep this in mind and try to get on the internet while I am there to get in contact

Yes, that's fonetic
    Couldn't you just bring your helmet from home? Some even bring their saddle, pedals and shoes.

slaving away in paradise
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by whodaphuck
    Couldn't you just bring your helmet from home? Some even bring their saddle, pedals and shoes.
    Me thinks his new wife doesn't know about his aspirations to ride a bike while on "their" honeymoon...bringing the helmet might make for some uncomfortable conversations.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kauaibullit
    Me thinks his new wife doesn't know about his aspirations to ride a bike while on "their" honeymoon...bringing the helmet might make for some uncomfortable conversations.

She actually suggested that I ride on the Honeymoon. ( maybe she hopes I fall off a cliff) quick and easy.... no but really, I am going to have to make sure there is room for my helmet. Speaking of which current helmet is pretty scratched up, so I wouldnt mind getting a new one

slaving away in paradise
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ricot83
    She actually suggested that I ride on the Honeymoon. ...

Looks nice a nice find you have, congrats!