mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Going to Hawaii WANNA BIKE!!!!

I'm heading down to honolulu for a week from the may 24-31 for a wedding. Wanted to do some riding over the weekend or even monday. Was wondering if anyone had a good cheap plan or someone that would rent me and a couple friends some bikes. Also a point in the right direction to great trails.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Dont know cheap rental other than those crappy circa 2000 mtb you can rent at Waikiki. For a proper real mtb rental, go to The Bike Shop. They have multiple locations.

The closest trail to you if u r staying at waikiki will be st. Louis height right next to university of hawaii. This was a full on world cup race course back in 90s. The top half is totally fine on a xc bike and can be looped for some nice xc riding on weekdays. This is about 5 miles from where u r staying.

As a tourist with a wedding to attend, i assume u will skip all the big jumps. Fell free to state otherwise and there are many other trails to be had.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Loll View Post
    Dont know cheap rental other than those crappy circa 2000 mtb you can rent at Waikiki. For a proper real mtb rental, go to The Bike Shop. They have multiple locations.

The closest trail to you if u r staying at waikiki will be st. Louis height right next to university of hawaii. This was a full on world cup race course back in 90s. The top half is totally fine on a xc bike and can be looped for some nice xc riding on weekdays. This is about 5 miles from where u r staying.

As a tourist with a wedding to attend, i assume u will skip all the big jumps. Fell free to state otherwise and there are many other trails to be had.

Well i'm not trying to go too extreme. Nothing bigger then like a 2 foot drop. If you can give me names of locations would be great. I'll most likely go on sunday or monday. Also if you can point me in the right direction on some youtube videos of the trails.

Thanks for the advice.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    i'm staying by ko olina golf course.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Oh, your location is different than being in Waikiki. Call the bike shop in Aiea. Get info from them on trails. Also i think there is a bike and board shop in makakilo. Dont know the name though. There was a dh course near there before. Again. Start with the bike shop.