ICPAYDIRT

Epic ride in Kauai?

Is there such a thing? Be in Kauai tomorrow for a couple of weeks for some sun, fun, and exploration. Hoping to take in some mountain biking while we're there. I've been told there's no trails on the island except for a few short freerideish trails. Coming from Southern California (San Diego) where we have lots of epic rides and rugged trails nearby, wondering if there is anything good on the island of Kauai. Any ride offers or advice for this mountain bike loving Malihini would be very much appreciated. Aloha Kauai!

Yes, that's fonetic
    More a degraded double track, but Powerline over and back from the Princeville side can be pretty epic, especially if you add in a Kuilau/Moalepe jaunt in the middle.

ICPAYDIRT
    thanks whodaphuck, I'll be sure to scout it out. Love the vids, are those trails in Kauai? I especially liked the one "Following Airwreck", that trail would be right up my alley. Although I suspect I wouldn't want to hit all those gaps on a rented trail bike. Will you please let me know if anything else comes to mind? Cheers, D

Yes, that's fonetic
    No, the videos are from Maui mostly. John @ The Bike Doktor in Hanalei sometimes rent's bikes if you're staying up that way and can give you the lowdown on conditions over the Powerline.