Thread: Cruisin' in

Positively negative
    Mar 2010

Cruisin' in

Hey yall. Got wrangled into a family cruise next month and want to use the opportunity to do some riding. I have done a little research and found a few opportunities but wanted to see what the locals suggest. Gonna be hitting Hilo February 18th, Honolulu the 19th, Kauai the 20th, and finally Maui the 21st.

Obliviously getting back to the boat is a big limiting factor so I need some tips to make the most of my short time. What does everyone think?

Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I don't think either of the bike shops in Hilo does rentals. Being that your trip is on weekdays, finding riding partners will be difficult as well. But keep us posted and have a good trip.

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    Mid-Pacific Wheels DOES mt. bike rentals.
    Rentals
    Ask for Frankie. Tell him Boto refered you.

I Ride Bikes
    What time can you ride?
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!

Positively negative
    Mar 2010
    Depends on the day but looks like between ~8am and ~6pm, looks like Honolulu will be the longest stop (7-11).

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hey, just realized Feb. 18 is a holiday. A ride is almost definitely in the cards. What size bike do you ride?

Positively negative
    Mar 2010
    I'm 6 foot tall, but I'm definitely not gonna be picky. I'm just excited to be able to take advantage of this once in a lifetime experience.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by big_papa_nuts View Post
    I'm 6 foot tall, but I'm definitely not gonna be picky. I'm just excited to be able to take advantage of this once in a lifetime experience.
    Well, I have an older ('06) Specialized FSR-XC in large you could use. I'm sure some of the guys will be wanting to ride that day. Lmk.

Positively negative
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by aikane View Post
    Well, I have an older ('06) Specialized FSR-XC in large you could use. I'm sure some of the guys will be wanting to ride that day. Lmk.
    I'm in for sure. I'll PM you about the details. Thanks.

Positively negative
    Mar 2010
    Decent trip, not much riding though. Thanks again to aikane and the guys for showing me a good time. Let me know if I can ever do the same.