Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Board Roll Call

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    ill get sum pics up soon!!

I Ride Bikes

FBI...chee hoo!

Just checking in!

I finally ordered my first FSR. I should be able to pick it up this Friday. I can't wait to ride it. I'll post some pics up later on.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

nice

so cool

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Howzit everybody....my name is Kevin and I'm from Kauai. Been around bikes since I was a kid racing BMX. Bought a rigid GT MTB after college and road around Kunia...nothing harsh, just liked to ride. Had a family and kids and put the GT in the storage shed....my middle child, my only boy is now 11 and I bought him a BMX bike to ride so the GT came out again and I found that I enjoyed it a lot. Wanted to ride some tougher trails but with no suspension the rides were killing my wrists. Found this site and started researching and decided to drop the hammer and buy a Trek Fuel EX8. Love it and try to ride every week....been up to Kokee a few times and realized I should have bought a Remedy...

All good though....had some spills but I'm getting back into it and relearning the ropes.

I Ride Bikes
    Welcome SLY808!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazukea View Post
    Welcome SLY808!

Mahalo brah! Whea you from?

I Ride Bikes
    F.B.I.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Just thought I would chime in and say hey. Been lurking for a while. I got introduced to mountain biking about 8 or 9 months ago when I moved here. I live right next to St. Louis so that's what I learned on. I've been loving riding as well as shooting/editing video of riding. Look forward to meeing people on the trails!

habitual line-stepper
    After 12 years on the mainland (WA, to be exact), I finally get to move back to HI. Born and raised on Kauai, but will be moving to Oahu next month. I'll be bringing back my 1x9 Blue Pig and a 2x10 SC Butcher. Seems like trail options are pretty limited, at least near town. Looks like I'll spring for a Camp Timberline membership and slowly check off trails listed on MTBHawaii, when I'm not in the water that is. Stoked to be headed home, can't wait to ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by vBulletin
    The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

I Ride Bikes
    Welcome back to HI!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

New found hopefully passion...

Well, I'm new and I live in hawaii... And I have a bike and am looking to ride... Roll Call.. Sure why not.

Names Randy, I rode a bike until I was 18, I'm now 25... When I say rode I mean thats really just about it. I didn't do to much than ride about 35+ miles a week to the girlfriends house and work... At 18 I got a car and then got fat. I picked up a bike recently and got excited as all hell and decided that I would really like to hit trails... I remember doing it as a kid in WA and finding random trails in the woods and dodging trees on my BMX bike. I'm vastly inexperience, don't know a damn thing about bikes, and full of motivation to ride. I'm military have twin daughters, from WA and CA (i fused with myself when we finally met) and play alot of computer games... I'm looking to get out into the world / island (since i've only been stationed here for 5 years and never did and my time is running out here)

I appreciate advice if you have it pearls of wisdom, trails to not ride and to ride, tips tricks, *****es gripes and complaints!

Thanks for reading!
    TFL4SH
    Last edited by T3AM FL4SH; 11-19-2012 at 11:05 AM. Reason: failure lol

mtbr member
    May 2013
    First Post!

Hi everyone, I'm Evan, and I'm a recent transplant to Oahu (Manoa Valley).

I have been a car mechanic for the last 10 years back in Washington D.C. and I am looking forward to not owning a car for the next few years.

I currently ride a Specialized Sirrus Sport (XL Frame... I'm a big boy), but I have a Surly "Karate Monkey" on the way for a single speed 29er build-up. I bought the Sirrus on a whim because I needed transportation FAST and realized about a month later that it isn't my style.

I haven't owned a bike since I was much younger, and at 28, I am loving the physical demands of riding these big hills in the heat of the Hawaiian sun. Looking forward to hitting up some muddy trails and getting used to the single speed lifestyle...burning quads-and-all.

mtbr member

Weighing in

First post too. Aloha everyone. Dayle from Kaneohe here. Lifelong resident of Oahu. Used to ride a lot in the 80s (I'm 55 now) and picked up biking again two years ago after too many years of living the slug life.

I'll admit that I'm most a road rider (avg about 130 miles a week on my Giant Escape 3 purchased last Sept from McCully Bike) but have lots of experience on Oahu's trails as a hiker with the Hawaiian Trail and Mountain Club.

One memorable mt biking experience was from Pupukea to Chun's Reef back in 1996 via the now-paved (but wasn't paved back then) Palaa Uka Pupukea military road. I even posted a story about the trek.

Glad to be a part of the forum. Looking forward to participating in the discussion and talking story.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4