Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Board Roll Call

Sign Killa
    250lb clydesdale? Daaaaamnnnn. That's gotta be the hardest working air shock on the planet

Pedal damn it!
    Oct 2007
    OK I just got me a bike. So Anyone want to show me some trails. I am going to go explore St. Louis Heights some day this week.

Canuck on this Rock
    Welcome! You should come out to the 24 this weekend and introduce yourself.

Pedal damn it!
    Oct 2007
    I will for sure try to make it, I dont have a car or camping equipment or light set up. I am trying though.

Canuck on this Rock
    Don't need lights. Ride during the day, drink beer at night with everyone. You won't be sleeping anyway, so no need for a campsite. I can't help you with a car...

If you do come out, look for me. I help scotty and the mechanic for the solo racer who will be kicking everyone's a$$!

nubee
    Dec 2009
    I just got a bike about a month and a half ago. I'm going to go on my first trail ride as soon as I change out my forks. I'm pretty amped up about riding it looks fun.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Moving to Oahu next summer. I can't wait for some warm weather. I haven't even sat on any of my bikes since October.
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    uh...if you lived in SoCal you would understand the importance of having a blingy bike - seriously, it matters

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Aloha everybody, names Brett ive been out in kona 5 years now and got back into riding with my cousin and i mostly ride all mountain and xc occasionally. id like to get into more dh/freeride enviroments but i dont have the bike for that now. k shoots l8rs

aka SuperCop
    Feb 2010
    Hi everyone my names Josiah, Ive been on the Big Island for about 2.5 years now. Ive been riding regularly for about a year, just recently I ditched my crappy mongoose for a bike worth riding and I'm loving it more than ever. I ride with a few friends, mostly AM and occasionally some XC. I really want to get a downhill bike soon and start hitting the big stuff.
    huck and roll...totally my idea lol

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Aloha everyone, my name is Brady from Big Island, born and raised. I currently live in Honoka'a, making DHing my weekend activity with my buds. We're currently beginning to build a DH track out here on a friends private farm because we don't really have any DH spots out here. People I have spoken with at the bike shops can't really steer me into any direction for any DH tracks, so we figured to just make our own. Most people here are just into XC and what not...

It would be cool to get to know anyone else on Big Island who shares the same interest, maybe hook me up with some secret DH spots out here...haha... or just wanna ride, hit me up, shoot me some emails or something!

Mahalo!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Aloha. Nate here from Hilo town. Just got back into riding after a few years off. Discovered the UH trails and the excellent Kulani Trails. Just broke down and picked up a Stumpy Comp: my first FS bike and I'm lovin it.

See you guys on the trail.

I4NI
    Hi from Maui!

mtbr member
    Ah, riding in Hawaii, I will be there next year, hope to get some riding in.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

new to oahu

hit me up for a group ride!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by brady_3838
    Aloha everyone, my name is Brady from Big Island, born and raised. I currently live in Honoka'a, making DHing my weekend activity with my buds. We're currently beginning to build a DH track out here on a friends private farm because we don't really have any DH spots out here. People I have spoken with at the bike shops can't really steer me into any direction for any DH tracks, so we figured to just make our own. Most people here are just into XC and what not...

It would be cool to get to know anyone else on Big Island who shares the same interest, maybe hook me up with some secret DH spots out here...haha... or just wanna ride, hit me up, shoot me some emails or something!

Mahalo!

Only downhill'ish trail I know of can no go on anymore, wish there was more DH here on big island cause I really want to go big but got nothing to practice on to build up to it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    What's up everybody?! My name is Mike... I used to do a bit of riding on the mainland long ago but lost touch with it for a while. Just starting back up again and realizing that I'm not quite sixteen anymore (but that' s mostly a good thing). With the help of some of the people on this board have been discovering some pretty awesome trails. I'm based out of Kailua but am not afraid to drive to the other side of the island for a good ride. I'm very technically inclined so I've been learning to wrench on my bikes mostly through youtube and some friends at cycle manoa. I've got a pretty tricked out 2001 GT Aggressor and just picked up a 2008 Giant Trance2 (all stock). The Trance is pretty fun but needs some upgrades. Hope to get to know some of the other riders as I don't really have anyone to ride with yet. Pics to follow shortly....

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Wow, aside from Mike, the last intro has been a year ago. Anyway, I just signed up for this forum today. My name's Sean. I'm from Makaha. I'm also new to MTBing. I used to have a road bike back in high school and I used to ride the trails behind my house on my BMX. But now I'm back at square one. I don't even have a bike yet which is basically why I joined this site. I'd love to hear about some good trails you guys know about and any advice would be great. Thanks. Nice to meet you all.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Here's the post for Nov~ Since there seems to be a lot of action on here. I'm Rose, in Kaneohe- Usually ride Kailua/Wiamanalo trails when I can...which isn't very often. I'm a roadie as well. Looking for someone who can bleed brakes for beer~

mtbr member
    Hey peoples,
    Mike here, just joined this site. Great to see all the options that are available to newbies like me. Been riding since 1987, mostly BMX. Been on hiatus from riding for a while, just recently got back into it. Mountain biking is completely different from BMX riding. Now that i have gears to play with, i'm spoiled. I'm taking it slow getting my legs (and rest of my body back into shape). Anyways just keeping the thread alive.

mtbr member
    Howzit! Gunnar here. I'm an old school 90's rider living in Minnesota for the last 15 years. Still have family back home (Oahu) and am hoping to visit more often now with some riding.

Was mostly riding road and fixed for the past bunch of years, but just got back into mountainbiking with a 29'er hardtail. Lovin' it.

Anyway, thought I'd say hi to the other old school riders on here. Love hearing and seeing pics from back in the day. Anyone remember the local mag U26? I think I have a couple copies in a box somewhere. Was thinking of scanning and posting some pages from that.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by gsoroos View Post
    Howzit! Gunnar here. I'm an old school 90's rider living in Minnesota for the last 15 years. Still have family back home (Oahu) and am hoping to visit more often now with some riding.

Was mostly riding road and fixed for the past bunch of years, but just got back into mountainbiking with a 29'er hardtail. Lovin' it.

Anyway, thought I'd say hi to the other old school riders on here. Love hearing and seeing pics from back in the day. Anyone remember the local mag U26? I think I have a couple copies in a box somewhere. Was thinking of scanning and posting some pages from that.
    Hey Gunnar, can you please scan those copies. I don't remember that mag but would like to see it.

mtbr member
    I'll have to find them(it? can't remember how many I have). But I will do.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    HI Everybody, I just found this forum because I am looking for a bike now. My hookooekoo was stolen about 4 years ago. I havn't even ridden mountain bike off road since I got here in 2000. I only made one trip down st. louis. But now my kid is getting older and I am getting the bug again. Watch for me asking advice on which bike to get on other threads. Want to get back for the exercise and to get away and be in nature. I learned to mb in Santa cruz where I really fell in love with it. But it took a back seat to my surfing for so many years. Just never figured out where to go over here yet.

Name is Jeff

mtbr member

26 Unlimited (U26) Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by MaukaRunner View Post
    Hey Gunnar, can you please scan those copies. I don't remember that mag but would like to see it.
    I thought I had more, but could only find one issue. It's the one year anniversary issue published May/June 1997. (The month I moved to the mainland)

Here's a link to the picassaweb album. Picasa Web Albums - Gunnar Soroos - U26 Magazine

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    whats goin on the names jamie from cleveland ohio
    military an my brother got me started riding just recently(today) picked up a specialized camber comp an lookin to get better an faster...not scared of fallen happens like clock work for me so you get used to it.....been riding royal summit but lookin for more trails to learn an practice skills an techniques

any body ever wanna ride or got sum advice feel free to hit me up im down anyweekend im not workin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast