Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by aikane View Post
    Had a good afterwork ride this afternoon, trail conditions were very good. Mazu showed improvement, considering this was only his second time at Kulani.
    nice ride looks like fun.

Aikane: just going to post this if you wanna do a short couple of mile climb. then come out tomorrow. meeting at boiling post parking lot at 8 am. come if you can. probably leave parking lot at around 830

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Haha, I'm totally having a "does this make me look fat?" moment right now. Thanks alot Maz.

Trdspec, you guys doing the same ride again? I'm interested no matter what. Gotta mix it up a little, get out of my comfort zone.

I Ride Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by aikane View Post
    Haha, I'm totally having a "does this make me look fat?" moment right now. Thanks alot Maz.
    Eh, you said that was your "good side".

I think I'll be there. The lack of sleep over the past three days is starting to catch up to me. Plus Aikane was pushing me hard through the forest so I'm kinda beat from the today's ride. He's a slave driver. nah j/k

I also broke a pedal reflector today. Another reason for me to upgrade to a better flat pedal. I think it hit a large root. My right side pedal was all clogged with mud. I had to give my bike a quick wash down. Then I went for a quick half-mile run and did some rockwall jumps. That's probably another reason I'm tired tonight.

yeah I'll see you guys tomorrow morning. I can't resist.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Sunday morning ride,

Nice ride, nice scenery, got to meet some new riders.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    it was another ride out of the heart rate zone. but next one we should head to some flume road for mud or do some other rides.

I Ride Bikes
    Looks like you guys had a nice ride. Sorry I had to dig out early. I ended up having to respond to a troublecall in Honokaa. Thank goodness it was an easy one. I was back at home by 1:30.

Anyways, so when's the next ride? Where we going?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Does anyone know if biking is allowed at Puuwaawaa? I know there is a hiking trail, but do not know if biking is allowed. Looks like an interesting ride.

I Ride Bikes
    I found a website about the Puuwaawaa hiking trail . Page Title

It doesn't say that mountain biking is prohibited. So I assume it's okay to bike it. This would be quite a drive and a ride.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Yeah, but still would like to know for sure. Kind of a long drive to find out we're not supposed to be there. Suppose I could just call DLNR and ask.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Anyone up for a ride tomorrow? (sunday) I'm not looking for anything epic, just a casual run to squeeze in between the house chores. Lmk.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Meet at mid PAC at 8 am. Flume road. Pack extra clothes. Might be muddy

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    As much as I want to go, I don't think I can allocate that kind of time from my schedule. There's just too many commitments and catching up to take care of right now. Hope you guys have a good ride though.
    Think I might do a quick run down to UH campus, ride some stairs and then grind that big hill going up to Imiloa. Urban trails.

mtbr member
    Wow, hey, I'm back from vacation. Though I've been kind of busy. I haven't dirtied my mountain bike since I got back a little over a week ago. Wish I could join you guys. I'm roarin' to hook up with you guys and do some trail riding. Thanks for posting all the great pictures. I've ridden up there where all the waterfalls are. Some great fun!!

I Ride Bikes
    It was just three of us today so we ended up going back to waterfall hill. It actually turned out to be a nice sunny morning up there. Saw quite a few hikers with dogs today. They were all nice and friendly. All in all it was a great ride.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    That's a nice pic, Maz. Looks like it was nice up there. I'm looking forward to the next ride.

I Ride Bikes
    Yeah I like this pic too. Looking at this picture reminds me of how tiny we really are. We are just a speck on this planet. I'm happy to be a speck that lives on the big island though.

SOOOOOoooooooo.......are we riding this weekend?

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Not too sure about the ride. I'll let you guys know. Aikane pm me your number easier to get everything organized.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazukea View Post
    Yeah I like this pic too. Looking at this picture reminds me of how tiny we really are. We are just a speck on this planet. I'm happy to be a speck that lives on the big island though.

SOOOOOoooooooo.......are we riding this weekend?
    Yup, totally agree, just got back from an awesome trip to CO and I still am happy I live and get to ride here. Nothing compares to the CO trails but yet, nothing compares to our stuff too, YEAR ROUND.

So I get Friday off but probably can't ride, gonna go play some lawn-billiards with my GF and some of her friends.

Who's up for riding on Saturday or Sunday? I would love to just hit Kalopa this weekend as I haven't seen the trails in a few weeks and need to "assess" the condition of downed trees and other "maintenance" things I have to look into. I'm very flexible as far as times so just let me know when you might be good for you guys. If not good, I'll just head out there myself.

Also, just in case you guys are on FB, here's a page I started a while ago and sort of neglected for a long time until recently. Was thinking this place could be just for what we have here on MTBR.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/268404617743/

Hope to see some of you guys this weekend.

I Ride Bikes
    I'm more available on Sunday. I'm down for anything.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I'm down for anything Sat. or Sun., flume road, Kulani, whatever. I'm just itching to hit up Kalopa, but figure we should give Honolii29's legs a chance to recover. He's running that half marathon this weekend, right?

Trdspec pm sent.

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    LOL! Thanks for reminding me Aikane!
    I'll see how I fare, was looking to go Kalopa, depends on the legs. I was just browsing around trying not to think about the half marathon and I caught this, made me laugh.
    Just gotta finish, not compete, my real prize is taking my hardcore runner friend on ANY bike ride. Oh, and I got one in mind, it's a trap! Didn't want too tech like Kulani, as 50 feet in, she'd be over it. The ride I'm thinking of is very scenic, reels you in, and down 5 miles. Only way out is back UP 5 miles! Then that is just half the ride. LOL!
    But yeah, I'll post/ text if Im up for a ride.

I Ride Bikes
    Good Luck!

I'm thinking about just hopping in doing the 10K run. Not too sure though. Plus the late registration fee is kinda steep.

I hope you are hydrating as we speak. That's going to be key for the run. The worst thing to happen when you're running is catching side pains because of dehydration. It happens to me every now and then and it can take a mile or so to just "run it off".

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    Thanks Mazu, am actually having a glass of water by my side all week. Best advice was to hydrate all week, to the cellular level. Yeah, no way I running the whole thing. Been training Zgalloway tech, 3 min run/1 min walk. Been great so far. Did a long 8 last weekend, felt great, coulda kept going. Carbed up tonight and tomorrow. Only thing threw for the loop was running in the morn first thing last week, didn't have any breakfast or drink before, and my legs felt like a hundred pounds! My time was in range, just the legs was dead. My friend lughed and told me Zi need to have something before I ran. I was o used to running in afternoon, after eating and drinking all day. LOL!

I Ride Bikes
    Sounds like your training is going to pay off.

Yup the only thing that matters is that you finish.....don't worry about your time.

Big props to you for doing something outside of your norm.

mtbr member
    OK then, how about I meet you guys up at Kalopa at 9 on Sunday? Looks like the weather was nice today (Friday). I'll be with a white Ford Ranger with Turner Spot on the back. Looking forward to meeting you guys. Let me know who'll be showing up so I'll know how many people we're getting together.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast