Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazukea View Post
    okay guys, so are we riding Kalopa this weekend? The two bruises on my arm can't wait to get back there.
    Maybe we should give the trees a chance to recover first.

I will probably be working Sat., not sure about Sun. yet. If not I'm game for anything. Plus the weather is supposed to start clearing up this weekend.(fingers crossed)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by aikane View Post
    Maybe we should give the trees a chance to recover first.

I will probably be working Sat., not sure about Sun. yet. If not I'm game for anything. Plus the weather is supposed to start clearing up this weekend.(fingers crossed)
    I can't make it on Saturday, I can Sunday. Let me know, I'll be there.

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    No go Sunday for me. Sorry guys. I'm up for Sat. morning. Might just do local.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    mr honolii I am down for something am sat. gotta be local have wedding at 4. sunday prob hit a few road miles in the morning. let me know

I Ride Bikes
    Gmats if I can get the "pass", then I'll be out there at Kalopa. You want to meet a little earlier? 8:30?

mtbr member
    Gmats if I can get the "pass", then I'll be out there at Kalopa. You want to meet a little earlier? 8:30?
    Yeah, I'm willing to start earlier. I'm an early riser but realize people have to drive out from Hilo so sometimes that might not work so well. Shall we settle on 08:30 then? And who ever can make it, make it. If no can, no can.

I Ride Bikes
    8:30 sounds good to me. I like to wake up early too. Plus the earlier we hit the trail, the more I can ride before I have to head back home.

I Ride Bikes
    My truck has enough room for another bike and person. Anybody need a ride to kalopa?

I Ride Bikes
    I feel like riding this afternoon if I get off on work on time. I'm thinking about waterfall hill. Anybody is welcomed to join me.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I feel like riding this afternoon if I get off on work on time. I'm thinking about waterfall hill. Anybody is welcomed to join me.
    That sounds tempting, but today is my turn to feed my mom. I'll go ride Kalopa on Sunday with you though.

mtbr member
    Oh, and today I spent a couple of hours clearing the last few trees up there. At the very top there was a BIG tree down in the middle of the trail. Took me about an hour but it's done.

Before and After on both occasions. Sorry the 2nd set of pics are kinda blurry, was getting pretty dark in them trails. Sunday should be sweet!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Big Island Trails-topbefore.jpg  

Big Island Trails-topafter.jpg  

Big Island Trails-guavabefore.jpg  

Big Island Trails-guavaafter.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Excellent work Gmats. I really need to get my chainsaw running again so I can do my part to maintain the trails as well.
    The trails look pretty dry there, hope it stays that way.

I Ride Bikes
    Nice work gmats. I recognize those trees. I guess we won't have to hike a bike over them this time.

I made my way to waterfall hill today. It was beautiful up there. So i took this quick pic with my phone.

mtbr member
    Nice work gmats. I recognize those trees. I guess we won't have to hike a bike over them this time.

I made my way to waterfall hill today. It was beautiful up there. So i took this quick pic with my phone.

Nice pic, looks like it was a nice day up there. It was quite overcast up in Kalopa yesterday, kinda dark but at least dry and not muddy. So nice to not have to clean the bike after the ride. I had just enough time to clear out the trees so we have some continuous trails to ride on.

Yes, finally, after months of that big tree being there, it's now off to the side. Still have that little log thing to ride over if you want play.

I Ride Bikes
    heading to Kulani for a quick ride. I'll be there in like 30 minutes. Anybody is welcomed to join me. I'll only be there for a 30-45 minutes. Trying to sneak in a quickie.

I Ride Bikes
    Kulani was awesome today. It was pretty dry cause Hilo was HOT today. I wasn't surprised to see aikane there. He beat me to the trail. So far I still have the greenlight to go Kalopa tomorrow. Hopefully the weather is nice out there.

I gave this little bridge a try today. I got through it on my very first try. Then I went 2 for 3 after that. Of course I went otb when I missed it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Yeah that one is more intimidating, than difficult. The less you think about it, the easier it is to ride.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Kalopa was awesome this morning, dry conditions made for some nice rides.

Got to ride with some new/interseting people and see some great scenery. Big thanks to Gmats for showing us around.

I Ride Bikes
    Nice pic......of my ass!

j/k.

Yup it was a great ride. Awesome weather and conditions so it made for an epic adventure. I had lots of fun. The Perimeter Trail was more fun the second time around. The Gulch Trail was a little hairy for me. I thought we did pretty good considering we went up twice. If I had more time I might have gone up a third time just to come down the P-Trail one more time.

This is the only good pic I got.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Nice pic......of my ass!

j/k.
    Bwahaha...............

I Ride Bikes
    SOOoooooo........where we riding next weekend?

mtbr member
    Hope this works. Today's GPS track of the ride. Mazu and Aikane showed up along with another guy (Jonah) from Waikoloa. The trails were in sweet shape!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Big Island Trails-dscf0980.jpg  

Big Island Trails-dscf0982.jpg  

Big Island Trails-dscf0986.jpg  

Big Island Trails-dscf0987.jpg  

I Ride Bikes
    Nice pics!

JONAH - if you're reading this. Don't be shy. Post a comment and say hello.

Bambiker
    Aug 2012

Excellent ride.

Perfect trail conditions all around. I'm quoting someone from a couple posts up, except mine would be, if I had enough legs or lungs left I would have gone up for another run. I got the workout I expected and thensome. Thanks for reminding me I need to ride more trails.

I rode these trails a long time ago and remember many more in your face limbs and leaves than were there Sunday. Thank you very much for the great and continued trail work, I can definitely tell the difference. I'll definitely be spending more time there.

If anyone else is just browsing the forums, definitely catch a trail with any of these guys. You'll be well rewarded.
    Last edited by jonasrullo; 08-27-2012 at 10:14 PM. Reason: I thought the post would be related to the one i was replying to.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hey Jonas, whats up? Stop being so humble, you were making the trail look easy.
    Definite props to Gmats for keeping Kalopa a great place to ride.

I Ride Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by jonasrullo View Post
    Perfect trail conditions all around. I'm quoting someone from a couple posts up, except mine would be, if I had enough legs or lungs left I would have gone up for another run. I got the workout I expected and thensome. Thanks for reminding me I need to ride more trails.

I rode these trails a long time ago and remember many more in your face limbs and leaves than were there Sunday. Thank you very much for the great and continued trail work, I can definitely tell the difference. I'll definitely be spending more time there.

If anyone else is just browsing the forums, definitely catch a trail with any of these guys. You'll be well rewarded.

Hey Jonas, I'm glad you decided to make your presence known. It was a nice surprise to see somebody just show up to the ride. Hopefully one day you and gmats make it out to Kulani.

mtbr member
    Hey Jonas, I'm glad you decided to make your presence known. It was a nice surprise to see somebody just show up to the ride. Hopefully one day you and gmats make it out to Kulani.
    Yes, some day I'll make it back to Kulani. Some great trails out there. Jonas, maybe one weekend we can schedule a trip out there, car pool?

Who's riding this weekend? I might be able to ride on Saturday, a.m. up in Kalopa. Sunday definitely a no go for me this week. Slight chance on Monday, you guys have Monday off?

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Saturday might be a go for me not too sure about others. Sunday might be intown. monday is def a no pass.

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    Going up waterfalls in a bit. Testing equipment.

I Ride Bikes
    I work Saturday, but if the weather is nice I wouldn't mind taking a trip to Kulani in the afternoon. Or I may just go waterfall hill. I don't know yet.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Gmats: can make it up there what time did you want to start

I Ride Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by gmats View Post
    Slight chance on Monday, you guys have Monday off?

Yeah I got Monday off. Still not sure about that day though. I would say 50/50 chance for a Monday Kalopa ride.

I wasn't planning on working this Saturday, but they asked so I had to say yes.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trdspectacoma View Post
    Gmats: can make it up there what time did you want to start
    OK, looks like it's a go for me on Saturday. I'll be up in Kalopa around 08:30 for anyone wanting to ride.

Hoping to see some of you guys out there this weekend. I'm still not sure for Monday.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    gmats: Okay I can try to make it up at that time. we shall see about that early will hit u up

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Honolii29 View Post
    Going up waterfalls in a bit. Testing equipment.
    New bike, Mr Honolii?

I Ride Bikes
    Anybody feel like riding tomorrow? I might hit waterfall hill tomorrow. Depends if I finish work on time or not. I hope to get up there by 4:30 or so. I'll post here tomorrow if I go for sure.

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    Gentemen, I beleive I am in for a Kalopa jaunt on Saturday in the a.m. However, I will be continuing my way thereafter towards makai on the leeward side to rendezvous with some visitors from America. Am also proceeding to quench thy body in thou Holy waters of Hapuna for a celebration of sorts.
    Gmats, check you PM as celebration of sorts is a mutual friend that wanted me to pass thy invitation to you.
    Carry on gentlemen and I will proceed to rendezvous with y'all Knights of the Kalopa Jeep Trail at 8:30.
    Good evening.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I am soo bummed, not gonna be able to make thie Kalopa ride. Going fishing this weekend and working on Monday. But to those riding this weekend, may the skies be sunny, the ground dry, and the trails fast.

And I want pics.......

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    ...11th "24 Hours of Hell in Paradise" scheduled for the first weekend of October (09:00 the 6th thru 09:00 the 7th) at Ku'uloa Ranch, Oahu.... Jus' sayin'

Bambiker
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by gmats View Post
    Yes, some day I'll make it back to Kulani. Some great trails out there. Jonas, maybe one weekend we can schedule a trip out there, car pool?

Who's riding this weekend? I might be able to ride on Saturday, a.m. up in Kalopa. Sunday definitely a no go for me this week. Slight chance on Monday, you guys have Monday off?
    I may be able to make it to Kalopa Saturday. I should know by tomorrow.
    I'm definitely up for a carpool to Kulani. Maybe next weekend. I won't be available during the week.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Mr honolii is it only you?? Or is anthem boy going?? I am trying to get the other reign dude to go.

Aikane: have fun fishing watch the ocean.

Mazu; gotta work this afternoon so I shall see maybe Sunday??

Jona: it will be nice to meet you.

Gmats: see you there!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Empty beer: I for myself is not even close to that point of that much riding yet . But one day.

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006

I Ride Bikes
    SUPER AWESOME!!

I love it! I hope you take some video like that at Kalopa tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Honolii, that's awesome remote cam shots. How does it feel wearing it? It really gives the viewer a better perspective of the riding sensation.

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    You guys will laugh at the simplicity of it all. Cool thing is if you have any small cam , GoPro, Point n Shoot, it can be jury rigged to work. I tested it with my iPhone first running around the neighborhood and it works great with it too.
    Total cost: Less than $10.00
    Cam angles: Priceless.
    It's light and the weight is negligable, just have to get used to NOT thinking about it. Fist couple times I was always looking for the cam, making sure it was thete, LOL!

I Ride Bikes
    You are a Genius.

Bambiker
    Aug 2012

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by emptybe_er View Post
    ...a "24 Hours of Hell in Paradise" scheduled for the first weekend of October (09:00 the 6th thru 09:00 the 7th) at Ku'uloa Ranch, Oahu.... Jus' sayin'
    Are you looking for team members, or are you solo single speeding it? I've never been there but it would probably take me until then to be in any kind of shape to participate.

I should at least be out at Kalopa in the am.

I Ride Bikes
    Have fun at Kalopa today guys. Im heading out to Honokaa to work so I might just see you guys driving out this morning. Take some pics and vids!

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast