Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    I Ride Bikes
    I've never been there before, but some parts of the trail seemed overgrown. If the weather stays nice I might try and go there again. It's only about 3.5 miles from my house so it's not too far to bike there. Plus right now I can't really run since my shin is still healing. I actually ran 3 miles yesterday, but all that did was reopen my cuts. My leg was bleeding all day today. The cuts were deeper than I thought. So I think I'm just going to ride all week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Big Island Trails-photo.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    nice guys!!! uh trail is a completely different beast.

Mr reign: I feel like taking a run to the flume havent seen that place for a while, if not the evac road. but we are taking a car in there. I aint pedaling back up that damn hill. waterfall sounds good too.

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    LOL! What happened to "Earn your downhill"?
    That's the beauty of that climb, it helps build your stamina, endurance, and cardio. Getting up the hill is only half the ride, going around the crater to Jaeggar Museum is the warm down better half.
    But yeah, if we do Waterfalls, I'm looking to go ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP.
    Flume sounds nice too.
    I'll chat with the otner doodoo heads ( F- Boyardee and Anthem Botohead).

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    that sounds good let me know

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    We're looking at Waterfalls workout, TO THE TOP.
    Good thing about it is the long, fast, downhill.
    Great thing about it is you cannot take a car up there, LOL!
    Just need feedback on Sat. or Sun. ride, morning for sure.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hmmm, how much climbing are we talking about here? I might have to pull out the "almost senior citizens" card and have someone tow me up the hill.

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    LOL! No need card, you climb at your own speed. We do it in steps, rest stops. If not, the first stop is awesome, not spoiling the secret , but you'll enjoy it. And there are a bunch of cool stuff at the top, and then at the top TOP. LOL! As all I saying because need to make it up to see it. But yeah, no worries, good workout, take your time, at anytime need go back , it's all DOWNHILL.

I Ride Bikes
    I wish I could join you folks this weekend, but I got some stuff going on already. I wouldn't mind checking out that Waterfall trail one day though.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I'm in.

Aikane: it's all good it's a climb but fun coming down can crack like 20s

Specialutz: you in???

Mazu. Next time

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    Fun thing is at parking lot can work on lots of skills, step ups, ledge drops, roll overs, balance beam, etc.

I Ride Bikes
    what time are you guys going to ride on sunday? I have a 5K run that starts at 8:00 am. Maybe I can meet you guys afterwards.

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    We can go a little later if you are joining us, quite flexible.

I Ride Bikes
    nah, don't wait for me. please, I don't want to hold up anyone. If I can make it I'll give trdspectacoma a call or something. If I can not, then I guess I'll see you guys next time. I figure if the race starts at 8am, I will probably finish in about 22-24 minutes. Then I'm probably going to stick around and talk to some friends. I might not leave the race till at least 9am. Then by the time I get up to Piihonua, it might be kinda late.

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    Still can join us. At 9, we would be only half way up, LOL!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    still can join us all good trying to schedule with others but that time is all good. well I am a slow poke for climbing so you could probably catch up. call us!!

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    We going be like a line of ants climbing a hill.

I Ride Bikes
    I'll give you guys a call. Hopefully my legs aren't too burnt out. Just in case though, you guys are going to take the right at the second water tank....right?

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    Mazu, at the second water tank keep going straight on that main dirt road. Don't go left on the paved road, don't go right toward the river. About 50 yds. up you will come to a fork, take the left side. You know you on the right way when you come to the bridge about 10 yds after. Keep going up through the forest, then up and up. Take tour time. When you get to the top, 1st reservoir, and we not there, follow the road across the river. Because 1st reservoir is not the top, it's a false top. LOL! Get some nore to go to, just follow the road. It's pretty cool scenic when you get up there, and on the way down we'll show you guys the secret.
    : )

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    Alrighty, here's the sched.
    Sunday ride, meet up at Boiling Pots parking lot at 8:00am.
    Ride till you puke, or die, or need go home, or whatever. It's a climb, but there's rewards to it. Not revealing anything, gotta earn it. Take your time, everybody will naturally spread out on it's own, pace yourself with someone your speed. There will be rest stops for everyone to regroup. Water and bars are essential. Downhill bliss is tops, just be safe and in control. Anthem Boy and I usually pack up our full face and pads just because we both like to get a bit outta control, LOL! But again saftey, go the speed you are comfy with. Am stoked to go do this ride as it's been awhile.
    Let's do this thing!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

I Ride Bikes
    I SOOOOOO want to go, but I can't commit 100%. I gotta play it by ear again. Hey maybe you guys can come run the 5K with me and then we can all head up together. =) nah j/k.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Haha Jason. But gotta bring bars!! And water. This should be fun!!

I Ride Bikes
    I'm leaning more towards not making it. My kids want to see me run. My wife asked my daughter if she wanted to watch daddy run. She said yes. So I guess I'll just catch you guys on the next ride. Where are you folks planning on going next?

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    Next weekend is out for me as I get ranch obligations. Following week thinking Kalopa would be nice.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Sorry guys, I'm gonna have to wimp out. Been feeling the chills all weekend and riding in the rain will just make it worse. Have a blast in the mud for me.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast