Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
    I Ride Bikes
    dfinn you got any rides in yet? Man you should've joined us at Kalopa today. The trail conditions were great. You found a rental bike?

Aikane - damn you were rockin on your singlespeed HT today. Can you make it any harder on yourself? lol.

Gmats - it was fun doing trail maintenance with you and aikane today. It felt good to give back to the trail.

Aikane and I finally conquered this rooty ledge for the first time today. I was soooo pumped when I did it. I think the Trail Gods were happy with me cause I helped clean up earlier.

I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazukea View Post
    dfinn you got any rides in yet? Man you should've joined us at Kalopa today. The trail conditions were great. You found a rental bike?

Aikane - damn you were rockin on your singlespeed HT today. Can you make it any harder on yourself? lol.

Gmats - it was fun doing trail maintenance with you and aikane today. It felt good to give back to the trail.

Aikane and I finally conquered this rooty ledge for the first time today. I was soooo pumped when I did it. I think the Trail Gods were happy with me cause I helped clean up earlier.

Yes, and you didn't do any tree hugging today. You've come a long way daniel-san.

Prime
    Aikane and I finally conquered this rooty ledge for the first time today.
    Looks like a tough little spot, looks easy to spin the back tire, good job. A lot of my tough spots are rock with good traction, just have to overcome gravity, and poor bike handling skills.

I Ride Bikes
    Yesterday the conditions were optimal to get over the ledge. It was dry and the mud pit leading up to it was not slippery at all. So I was able to pick my line and turn my bike in the right direction. Usually I just slip and slide all the way then lose my balace before I even get to the ledge. lol.

Prime
    Usually I just slip and slide all the way then lose my balace before I even get to the ledge. lol.
    I've been there, eyeball an obstacle, but I'm smoked before I even get to it.

I Ride Bikes
    Now my next goal is to conquer it again. Maybe even try the harder line that gmats takes.

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    If you take the first left at the pine tree, the second trail should lead you to the waterslide right next to the waterfall. It's not a hard downhill, just looks rocky. Bring swim shorts or go naked. Lots of college girls do it and they are very friendly. Have fun! Don't forget dinner at that place after.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    ^^^^Say wut?

I Ride Bikes
    ^^ I thought I was the only one that was confused. lol.

I Ride Bikes
    I want to build a trail in my backyard. I think we can make it siiicckkk. wooden tracks, berms, pump tracks, rocky climbs....whatever. We can build it!

I Ride Bikes
    Kalopa was awesome yesterday. It was wet and muddy, but still fun.

mtbr member
    Kalopa was awesome yesterday. It was wet and muddy, but still fun.
    Wow, you were out at Kalopa yesterday? So who was I riding with in Kulani? I'm jealous, you've figured out the "cloning" thing, you can be riding two different trails at the same time. I want, I want, I want................

I Ride Bikes
    Haha!!!! I wish I was at Kalopa, but yes I was at Kulani with you guys. The world is lucky there is only one Mazukea. Lol

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    Yeah, Kaloko was fun yesterday. When you went Kalopa, on your way back Hilo? I saw G-Mats at Kaloko.

I Ride Bikes
    I was riding at K-mart, then I stopped by Kaloko, then I went tree hugging at Kalopa, finally I ended up at Kulani for the video shoot. Wow what I busy day!

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    Holy smokes! Then from Kulani you went Ka'u for the blackout fix. Of course you had to pass through Keaau, stop by KTA get kau kau and then Kurtistown get kotkog at K. Kara store.
    Mean!

I Ride Bikes
    Got a quick ride in at Kulani. Even if I can only ride for an hour, it's still worth it.

I Ride Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by darKnight57 View Post
    Hey everyone. Just wondering if anyone know of any good trails up on the Saddle road. I would think there would be some. Thanks for the help.
    Not that I know of. The terrain looks perfect for trails, but I think there is too many hunters in there. I wouldn't want to risk it.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the reply Mazukea. I know that there are lots of hunter up there, but was hoping someone knew of a safe place to ride in that area.

mtbr member
    BTW Mazukea, great looking your Camber! I have a plain jane Camber, but love it!

I Ride Bikes
    ^Thank you. I don't know if you read the whole entire thread, but my bike and I have been through a lot in the past 6 months. This is the second frame....lol.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    BTW Mazukea, great looking your Camber! I have a plain jane Camber, but love it!
    darKnight57, where do you ride?

mtbr member
    Aikane, Been exploring the trails in Volcano area. Did the Escape Road (Died coming back up!). Now they have the gate @ 1 mile down kind of sealed off.

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    Happy Holidays you guys, remember-if you're ever in California: I know this area well enough to give some good tours. I'd be delighted, especially after my time in Hawaii.

I Ride Bikes
    Aikane, Been exploring the trails in Volcano area. Did the Escape Road (Died coming back up!). Now they have the gate @ 1 mile down kind of sealed off.
    volcano has some awesome trails.

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast