Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    I Ride Bikes
    Thanks for the offer gmats. As much as I would like to, I will take a pass on this one. I'm still taking this time to brush up on my running. I know that once I get my bike back I will totally forget about running again. lol.

Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazukea View Post
    Thanks for the offer gmats. As much as I would like to, I will take a pass on this one. I'm still taking this time to brush up on my running. I know that once I get my bike back I will totally forget about running again. lol.
    It's kind of funny, even though both activities are mostly legs and core, and use pretty much the same muscles, they're used in such a different way that it's almost like they're completely different muscles.

Bambiker
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by aikane View Post
    Trd, you can park your truck outside and jump in with me.
    If anyone else shows up, I plan to drive the week whacker into the trail in my truck, and you guys can ride your bikes to the trail. That way no one can mess with your bikes while we cutting grass. Looks like we can start with either Cubby's Corner or the Mall (fast but slow).
    Is that Kulani or something else?

I Ride Bikes
    Kulani

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Sorry guys I am going to have to count myself out on this weekend. Ankle is still a little funky. Thanks for the offer and next time!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Just a heads up, Kulani is in rare form this weekend. Minimal moisture on the ground, no mud, no down trees on the trails. I did the the whole trail this morning in 1 hr. 26 min. on my hardtail.

I Ride Bikes
    The Bike is Back!

Let's ride!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Kulani, Thursday, afternoon about 4pm.

I Ride Bikes
    Wish I could make it. Today is going to be another long day at work. I'm taking a 5 minute break right now cause after this ill be wiring for the next 6-7 hours. Yay me.

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    Hello, hello

Gmats pointed me in this direction for information and I'm enjoying sifting through it.

I'm hoping to ride on the Kohala coast and was recommended that I check out Kalopa SP. Any other recommendations for the area? Back home on the central coast of California, I ride AM and what some call Freeride. Everyone's got their own vernacular, but I'd love to get a good taste of these trails.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ehigh View Post
    Hello, hello

Gmats pointed me in this direction for information and I'm enjoying sifting through it.

I'm hoping to ride on the Kohala coast and was recommended that I check out Kalopa SP. Any other recommendations for the area? Back home on the central coast of California, I ride AM and what some call Freeride. Everyone's got their own vernacular, but I'd love to get a good taste of these trails.
    Gmats is the man when it comes to riding Kalopa. You might want to make it over to Kona and check out Kaloko as well.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Aloha. I was pointed here by another rider. I am looking for places to ride on the Kona side. If there are any trails convenient to captain cook and Honaunau, that would be ideal.
    It is awesome to see there is a good riding community.
    Northern Virginia.

mtbr member
    Aloha Renn,

I don't know of any riding down in the Captain Cook/Hoanaunau area. I'm sure there are trails, I just don't seem to make it down there to scope out trails. Best bet is to drop in on the guys down at Bikeworks Kona. They're super cool. I ride with them from time to time when they're up here in Waimea or or I'm down there with them.

I sometimes ride a bit north of you up in Kaloko. Some great, technical steep up and down single track stuff.

Good luck with that.

I Ride Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by ehigh View Post
    Hello, hello

You ever got a chance to check out Kalopa?
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!

I Ride Bikes
    BAAAAMMM!!! where's everybody? the sun is setting earlier nowadays so it's harder to ride the trails. I've been running and riding around my neighborhood this week because of the shorter days and rainy weather.

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    Donut?

I Ride Bikes
    Fit!

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazukea View Post
    BAAAAMMM!!! where's everybody? the sun is setting earlier nowadays so it's harder to ride the trails. I've been running and riding around my neighborhood this week because of the shorter days and rainy weather.
    Dude, that's why God invented bike lights....

mtbr member
    Well, we've reserved a couple HT 29ers from Kona Bike Works for this coming Saturday. Still thinking we'd like to ride the Mana Road loop. I would want to invite/organize etc. but just don't want to start something and flake out. It's a long ride, just need to research it more and make sure the man and I are up to it, especially if we're by ourselves and trying to navigate it.

That said, am going to be very interested in what peoples' ride plans are for Saturday, in case we want to just tag along on someone else's ride!

mtbr member
    Also, anyone know of a Turkey Trot or 5K/10K happening on the Big Island on Thanksgiving? That would be fun. Hasn't Mazukea been doing a lot of running?

I Ride Bikes
    Yes there is a turkey trot on thanksgiving morning. But it will be on the east side at Hilo Bay. I can ask my other running friends if there is something in Kona. I'm sure there is. Kona is full of runners and health freaks. Lol.

mtbr member
    I've been looking at the Mana Road route a little more closely. So I guess y'all ride it as a point-to-point, start in Kamuela, ride up? 45 miles or so?

Seems like it would be amazing if we could hire a van or car with bike racks to drive us to the top, enabling us to just ride our bikes down Mana Road. Has anyone ever tried doing that?

Really appreciate the advice guys. Thanks so much!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Christieland View Post
    I've been looking at the Mana Road route a little more closely. So I guess y'all ride it as a point-to-point, start in Kamuela, ride up? 45 miles or so?

Seems like it would be amazing if we could hire a van or car with bike racks to drive us to the top, enabling us to just ride our bikes down Mana Road. Has anyone ever tried doing that?

Really appreciate the advice guys. Thanks so much!
    Aloha, we usually shuttle to the top and ride down. I'm not totally sure yet but I might be able to shuttle you guys to the top. 60/40 I think I could do the shuttle for you. I'm about 30/70 I "might" be able to ride. I would love to but I am not sure of the plans with the GF and if I can go for such a long ride (yet).

I Ride Bikes
    Christie, I read your PM and sent back a reply.

I hope you somehow manage to do the Mana Rd. ride. Are you folks in Hawaii already?

mtbr member
    Gmats, that would RULE. I'll PM you my cell number. Reading Mazu's PM...thanks dudes.

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast