Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    I Ride Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by gmats View Post

What days will you be here in town? Let's see if we can try to make this happen. I was going to be out of town Thanksgiving holiday weekend but it is looking like I'll stay on island because my girlfriend has a theater performance. Big Island peeps, what days are you guys available to ride?

I believe Christie wants to ride the Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving. If that's the case, then I'm out. Hopefully you can get a nice group together though. If it was another weekend, then I would try to make it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Anyone riding this weekend? (Sunday)

I Ride Bikes
    I think I'm going back to running this Sunday. I'll probably do a 5-6 miler in the morning. I gotta ease myself back into it. It's been over a month since the last time I laced up my running shoes.

Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazukea View Post
    I think I'm going back to running this Sunday. I'll probably do a 5-6 miler in the morning. I gotta ease myself back into it. It's been over a month since the last time I laced up my running shoes.
    Mountain biking will do that to you. 4 years ago I was running 30-40 miles a week, had been for 15 years or so, I'm lucky if I've run 40 total since I started biking 4 years ago.

I Ride Bikes
    I know exactly what you mean! Lol. I was running 3-5 times a week. I loved it too. Then I discovered mountain biking. At first I was only going once a week. Then twice a week. Then before I knew it I was biking all the time! I guess with running I felt like I had nothing else to improve on. There were no challenges left. I still haven't ran a marathon, but I don't think I'm that far away from it. But with MTB, I feel like I have a ton to learn. So there is more motivation for me there. The only reason I'm running is because I don't have a bike this weekend.

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by aikane View Post
    Anyone riding this weekend? (Sunday)
    I'm catching that NorthWest swell on Sunday at my fave X spot, so no biking for me this weekend. Plus I still need to clean it up, relube, tune , etc. after Mana road last week. Talk about the elements it went though, dusty , dusty and more dusty, that was the most cars I ever seen on Mana road ever! Blame it on the Hakalu forest open house. Then atthe last 12-15 miles rain and a lot of wet dirt thrown up all over from the downhill.

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    Gmats!
    check this blast from the past, scroll halfway down.
    Board Roll Call
    That's when I first "met" you, 6 years ago!
    LOL!
    For all the Big Eye riders, would be cool if we all check in on the board room call thread, just so others might network wherever you go.

I Ride Bikes
    Yeah my bike was filthy after Mana Rd. Thank goodness the frame was cracked. It made cleaning the bike a whole lot easier. HAHA! I just stopped as soon as I saw the crack. =)

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I went to Kulani today with the intention of riding the entire trail system. I skipped Teeter-totter because there were a couple guys doing trail maintenance with weed whackers. Thank you whoever you are for all the hard work you guys have been putting in. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
    I think it would be a good idea to organize a trail maintenance day on our part as well. What do you guys think?

Bambiker
    Aug 2012
    Sunday ride?

Bambiker
    Aug 2012

Good job! Trail maintenance.

I went to Kulani today with the intention of riding the entire trail system. I skipped Teeter-totter because there were a couple guys doing trail maintenance with weed whackers. Thank you whoever you are for all the hard work you guys have been putting in. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
    I think it would be a good idea to organize a trail maintenance day on our part as well. What do you guys think?
    I'd like to be counted in on trail maintenance. How about trail maintenance and then a ride afterwards some weekend. I'm in Kona most weekdays, so I wouldn't be available during the week.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    That sounds great Jonas. Sorry I didn't get back to you on the Sunday ride, was waiting out the whole Tsunami thing. I glad everyone is safe.

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    Sounds good to me! My weedwhacker lock, loade, and armed.
    Now if only I can locat a Ditch Witch...

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I am open to suggestions for a date to do the trail maintenance/ride thingy. I know there are a couple long weekends coming up and people usually make their own plans for these, so let me know what works for you guys.

I Ride Bikes
    I'm in....=) How about this coming Sunday?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I'm ok with Sunday.

I Ride Bikes
    I'm headed to Oregon to visit family in July. I'm excited cause I know they have a big biking community up there. yee haw!

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    What part Oregon Mazu? I rode there this summer, Bend area, Unreal!
    Check out this month's (November) Mountain Bike Action magazine. The guy on the cover is my friend Seth, he guided me on some of the trails they profiled in the mag. Unreal, hundreds of miles of trails. I would suggest shuttling and doing a 25 mile ride back to town, hit up Whoops, berm, and more berms and humps and jumps and rail to rail goodness for miles!

I Ride Bikes
    Bend is going to be a little too far from me. I'll be in Sherwood. I also thought about the Mckenzie River Trail, but that is also too far away. I'm hoping to find a nice 10-15 mile trail.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Mazu- wow wthat should be fun

Trail Maint?? I can help if needed on sunday, I have weed wacker..

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by trdspectacoma View Post

Trail Maint?? I can help if needed on sunday, I have weed wacker..
    Cool, Sunday at 8:30am? Trd, where you wanna meet up? Anyone else want to join in, you are more then welcomed.

I'll pack an ice chest with drinks and bring extra gas and oil. We weed whack for a while, then ride for a while........

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    aikane. hmm that might be hard as I have a lowered truck... let me get back to you on that one.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by trdspectacoma View Post
    aikane. hmm that might be hard as I have a lowered truck... let me get back to you on that one.
    Trd, you can park your truck outside and jump in with me.
    If anyone else shows up, I plan to drive the week whacker into the trail in my truck, and you guys can ride your bikes to the trail. That way no one can mess with your bikes while we cutting grass. Looks like we can start with either Cubby's Corner or the Mall (fast but slow).

I Ride Bikes
    Still no bike. The factory shipped the wrong length spokes. So hopefully I get my bike back next week.

BUT

On the bright side, Specialized sent my new frame with the Kashima coated Fox rear shock installed in it! SCORE!! I went to check it out yesterday and the black and red frame is siiiiccckkkk.

mtbr member
    Trd, you can park your truck outside and jump in with me.
    If anyone else shows up, I plan to drive the week whacker into the trail in my truck, and you guys can ride your bikes to the trail. That way no one can mess with your bikes while we cutting grass. Looks like we can start with either Cubby's Corner or the Mall (fast but slow).
    Wish I could make it this Sunday. Really appreciate you guys putting this together. Already have stuff going on Sunday this weekend. Mazu, if you need (want) a bike to ride for now, I can bring one out on Saturday. I have a funeral service to attend on Saturday a.m. I might bring my bike and do an early afternoon ride after the service. Haven't decided where yet, either Hilo or Kalopa. Mazu, let me know.

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast