Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast
    Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    I still like take my SUP up there and take a picture paddling it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Honolii29 View Post
    Bwahaha, that would be classic. You won't get any volunteers to help you hump that thing up the hill though.

I Ride Bikes
    Just an insight: Aikane, Mazu, seeing you two progressing in a few short months is awesome! Your enthusiasm and dedication just to go ride brings back memories of when Anthem Boy and I first started in Calif. back in '88-'89. Pre- suspension days, hardtail, rigid fork. He was my roommate then, wrenching at bike shops around the South Bay LA. Everyday the question would be "Where we going ride today!!?!?" Peacock Flats, Del Oro Park, PV trails, Hawthorne Bowl, etc. Gmats, I think you can relate, same place, same era. My bike to lust for was the Carbon Fiber Klein. Anyway seeing you guys just want to go ride and just doing it, no excuses, no wishy washy blah blah my equipment, no image, injects a new Jolt and entusiasm in me on why I ride and love riding. Just for the thrill of it. Its good to see you guys stoke and it's contagious for some of us old farters. Keep it up! Just wanted to say Thanks for the new stoke.

You my friend are an inspiration. My first real trail ride was that day at Kulani when I met you and the rest of the gang. After the ride I was like, "damn, so THIS is mountain biking." I decided from that day that I needed to get better so I could be like the guys I just rode with at Kulani.

THANK YOU.

I Ride Bikes
    Nobody has ever asked, but I do have a key for that yellow gate at the bottom.

why hike it, when you can just drive it up there.

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    CHEATAH!!!! LOL! Nah, nah, joking.
    I was looking at more of welding up one BOB trailer and honking that buggah up there. I actually get one base trailer with pneumatic tires, just gotta modify to hook up to bike. Could honk up 3 boards if we make hitch for two bikes. LOL! Imagine the downhill, Action!
    Still one of the projects in back of head.

mtbr member
    Just an insight: Aikane, Mazu, seeing you two progressing in a few short months is awesome! Your enthusiasm and dedication just to go ride brings back memories of when Anthem Boy and I first started in Calif. back in '88-'89. Pre- suspension days, hardtail, rigid fork. He was my roommate then, wrenching at bike shops around the South Bay LA. Everyday the question would be "Where we going ride today!!?!?" Peacock Flats, Del Oro Park, PV trails, Hawthorne Bowl, etc. Gmats, I think you can relate, same place, same era. My bike to lust for was the Carbon Fiber Klein. Anyway seeing you guys just want to go ride and just doing it, no excuses, no wishy washy blah blah my equipment, no image, injects a new Jolt and entusiasm in me on why I ride and love riding. Just for the thrill of it. Its good to see you guys stoke and it's contagious for some of us old farters. Keep it up! Just wanted to say Thanks for the new stoke.

Howzit, Yeah, you guys starting up riding and being all hooked reminds me of all the fun times I've had all these years riding. I started back in '86 out in Southern CA. No low gears, no good tires, no suspension, no good brakes. We still had loads of fun. My first bike was a Mongoose POS. My second bike was a Klein Frame ($750 for frame and fork) which I moved almost all the parts over to. I still ride that bike daily (my commuter).

Thanks Honolii for revising those memories............So many trails, so little time.

I Ride Bikes

well, I guess you're on your own.

I'll take your picture though.

mtbr member
    I was looking at more of welding up one BOB trailer and honking that buggah up there. I actually get one base trailer with pneumatic tires, just gotta modify to hook up to bike. Could honk up 3 boards if we make hitch for two bikes. LOL! Imagine the downhill, Action!
    Still one of the projects in back of head.
    Or get yourself one of these, you can haul boards and stuff. Surly Big Dummy Cargo Bike.

I Ride Bikes
    That is one crazy looking bike.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    If the people who walk their dogs on that road saw you rolling up on that thing, you would have cops there before you made it half way up.

mtbr member
    Yup, Surly Big Dummy.......

Big Dummy | Bikes | Surly Bikes

And then there's the Yuba Mundo.........

http://yubaride.com/mundo-cargo-bike

And the Trek Transport..........

Transport - Trek Bicycle

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    They actually have an inflatable SUP that is tough, for river Suping. Made from the stuff Zodiacs made of, can roll it up and backpack it up with a floor pump and two piece paddle.

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    That bike's wheelbase reminds me of a tandem. That's another thing that would be kinda fun n nutz, downhill tandem!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I was just thinking about tandems last week. Would be fun to do tag team competitions. But they are so expensive.

I Ride Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by gmats View Post
    Yup, will do - I'll get a picture next time I'm back out there. Hoping maybe I can escape for a short, quick ride up there this week. We'll see.

Yes, somehow things have a way of working out and you got good karma buddy. Glad I didn't have to call 9-1-1 and use my First Responder skills. Phew.

Glad it's just a B&B and you can live to ride (fight) another day. You heal up this week. Hope you can get a pass for next weekend.

OK, got some pictures uploaded.

The fist one shows the trail coming down from above, it's a swtichback that comes in from the upper left and turns down toward the left. You can see the busted tree in it with the part of the tree laying down.

2nd pic shows a closer shot of the busted stump that's left.

3rd pic shows the busted piece. The rest of the tree is lower down the hill.

4th picture shows the trail coming down. Right in the middle of the picture is where it swings hard right and heads down the other way.

5th picture shows the trail continuing down to the right at the turn. You can see a horizontal green log, that's where Mazu went off the trail and took out the tree.

Hey gmats, thanks for taking pics of the busted tree. I didn't even notice those pics till now! I was just scrolling back through this thread and that's how I found the pics.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Okay guys, Anthem Boy and I were talking, Night Riding!!
    In the Haunted Forest of Death, Kulani Trails.
    Man vs.Spirits.
    Everything else is just chicken. Oh, we have heart, we understand, **stiffles giggles**.
    We'll give a month period to get your light gear together, then set a date for a night ride, every man for himself, last man is the one the Boogeyman gets to eat.
    DISCUSS!!!!
    Okay, I picked up a light for my bike this past weekend. Gonna go to Kulani 5am tomorrow and try it out. Also been looking at adapting my fishing headlamp to mount on my helmet. Will see how things go.

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    Just need 4 old steel bikes and Anthem Boy and I can weld them up together. Figure out the chain drive and all that. No need be superlight, just need be strong. LOL! Tag team waterfalls, Kalopa I dunno on the maneuvarbility, same in Kulani, but still would be funny.

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    Goin waterfalls now.

I Ride Bikes
    I'm headed there too.

I Ride Bikes
    Waterfall was awesome today. I was actually able to meet up with Honolii29 and D-Animal. I just love coming down the hill as fast as I can. I hit some nice whoops and caught some air.

I actually went there to test out my new seatpost. After I adjusted my saddle angle the ride felt great.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazukea View Post
    Waterfall was awesome today. I was actually able to meet up with Honolii29 and D-Animal. I just love coming down the hill as fast as I can. I hit some nice whoops and caught some air.

I actually went there to test out my new seatpost. After I adjusted my saddle angle the ride felt great.
    Yeah the whoops are fun. Pump the suspension right before the launch and keep the bike straight. Did you pick up my Powerade?

mtbr member
    Hey gmats, thanks for taking pics of the busted tree. I didn't even notice those pics till now! I was just scrolling back through this thread and that's how I found the pics.
    Hey Maz, no problem. Glad you found them. I still have nightmares about that. So glad you're OK and live to ride another day.

I Ride Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by aikane View Post
    Yeah the whoops are fun. Pump the suspension right before the launch and keep the bike straight. Did you pick up my Powerade?

haha...I didn't see it. Maybe some thirsty hiker picked it up.

How was your early morning Kulani ride?

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    Whoops, there it is....

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    haha...I didn't see it. Maybe some thirsty hiker picked it up.

How was your early morning Kulani ride?
    Haha, nah I didn't go, it's too damn cold in the mornings these days.

So why the new seatpost?

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast