Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazukea View Post
    I'm down for an adventurous Sunday ride.
    Did you have something in mind?

Bambiker
    Aug 2012
    Got it. I had to make one more post before I could reply to the PM. I'll give you a call when I'm about to Hilo.

I Ride Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by aikane View Post
    Did you have something in mind?

I was thinking about trekking it up to the very top of waterfall hill. It's the only trail I haven't completed up there yet. I went up there again today and I rode a little bit up that trail, but it was getting late (6:00) so I had to turn around.

OR

maybe a trip to Kalopa.

I still want to check out trails that I haven't been to yet. Like Tree Planting or Flume. I would go, but I just don't know where to go.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I was thinking about trekking it up to the very top of waterfall hill. It's the only trail I haven't completed up there yet. I went up there again today and I rode a little bit up that trail, but it was getting late (6:00) so I had to turn around.

OR

maybe a trip to Kalopa.

I still want to check out trails that I haven't been to yet. Like Tree Planting or Flume. I would go, but I just don't know where to go.
    Yeah, either sounds good.

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    Flume is a good ride with terrain that varies. Just park right above the water spigot at the sharp turn below Kaumana City. Across the road you will see the yellow gate. That's Flume Road. Take it to the river or all the way to Stainback highway, which is about 6 miles. There's one gate you have to hoist the bike over. The bridge has been long gone over the river, but it should just be a small crossable stream. See if you can clear it up the steep bank on the other side. There's a rock garden section that is fun, a bit slippery when wet. River is half way in, about 3 miles.

I Ride Bikes
    Thanks Honolii!

Well maybe Flume Rd this sunday sounds good. I heard the weather might worsen over the weekend so we'll see.

I Ride Bikes
    Took my co-worker up to waterfall hill again today. This time he made it to the top without stopping.

For some reason I just love seeing my truck loaded up with two bikes.

Bambiker
    Aug 2012
    Great ride at volcano today. Thanks Honolii!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I'm glad you guys had a good ride. Any other ride reports?

Maz, what's the plan for Sunday?

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    Volcano was beautiful! Weather was clear and sunny. The Halemaumau crater looked surreal riding next to it.
    Jonas, you're welcome!
    On a late note, Anthem Boy and I moght be up for a morning ride tomorrow after all. I'll post later tonight after I pick up the beautiful wife....

I Ride Bikes
    whew, I am tired today. long day at work, actually it's been kind of a long week of work. My body is hurting today. I'm hoping to spend some time with my kids tomorrow cause I've barely been home all week. I didn't expect to work this late today either.

My wife said the kids were asking about me all day long today. "where's daddy?"

So I may still be up for a morning ride tomorrow. I don't think I want to go too far from town though.

Where do you guys want to ride? You guys pick the place.

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    Flume would be good, as nearby and you can go in and turn around when you have to get back.

I Ride Bikes
    Yeah I would be down for that.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Ok, time and place?

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    Aw crap, no go for me this morning.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Yeah, the weather is too iffy anyway.

Got another "Craigslist special". Did a couple shakedown runs, trying to dial in the suspension.

Might go bomb waterfall hill if the weather breaks.

I Ride Bikes
    I'm eating cereal with the little ones right now. I may still head out if the weather clears up.

Aikane - waterfall hill all the way to the top? I'm down for that.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Maz, lmk what time is best for you. The weather is starting to break.

I Ride Bikes
    how about 9 am?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    how about 9 am?
    See ya there.

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    Just an insight: Aikane, Mazu, seeing you two progressing in a few short months is awesome! Your enthusiasm and dedication just to go ride brings back memories of when Anthem Boy and I first started in Calif. back in '88-'89. Pre- suspension days, hardtail, rigid fork. He was my roommate then, wrenching at bike shops around the South Bay LA. Everyday the question would be "Where we going ride today!!?!?" Peacock Flats, Del Oro Park, PV trails, Hawthorne Bowl, etc. Gmats, I think you can relate, same place, same era. My bike to lust for was the Carbon Fiber Klein. Anyway seeing you guys just want to go ride and just doing it, no excuses, no wishy washy blah blah my equipment, no image, injects a new Jolt and entusiasm in me on why I ride and love riding. Just for the thrill of it. Its good to see you guys stoke and it's contagious for some of us old farters. Keep it up! Just wanted to say Thanks for the new stoke.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Mr Honolii, I am glad the enthusiasm is contagious. I share your sentiments as well, gotta remember that I one old fut too.

Waterfall was a good work out. Caught the rain on the lower sections, but had fun on the downhill. Took a pinch flat, messing around below the second tank. But despite limping my bike back to the truck, clothes soaking wet, I could not help but laugh to myself. It reminded me of being a kid and playing out in the rain.

Last edited by aikane; 09-09-2012 at 03:45 PM.

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    Yeah, hoss it up that hill! Pretty soon goin feel like nothing and you going look back and wonder, "Dang, I used to die coming up to this first section, the second water tank, and now feel like What was I thinking, it's childs play now!"

I Ride Bikes
    yup Aikane and I are nuts. We rode 8 miles round trip in the rain. Well the last 1/2 mile was a walk back to the truck in the rain. My feet were floating in my shoes already! It was kinda funny though. Next time we are going all the way to the top!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    When I took the pic of that flood door, I was wondering what it must look like when they do drain it.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast