Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anahola trails

mtbr member

Good job! Anahola trails

Aloha my buddy and me spent the last four weeks (one day a week) clearing lower kumukumu and all the anahola makai side trails, we had to use weed eaters with blades, i have never seen it so neglected. last week we cleared all of upper kumukumu and today finished long ditch. we want you kauai riders to ride long ditch to pick up all the cats claw. ha ha but seriously, another fence went up and sectioned off the lower kumukumu side. please ride these trails or we will lose them. maintain them or lose them also.

Former MTBR Member
    Mar 2004
    [SIZE="7"]MAHALO[/SIZE]

That's friggin awesome. I don't get over there much, but knowing that it's cleared... I'll pencil some auwai in my calendar!

mtbr member
    Awesome!!! I've been doing the same here on the Big Island up in Kalopa..........Keep up the great work

Sign Killa
    A very belated mahalo for the trail work. That place was a grassy slice of hell before your sweat and demon blades tamed it. The whole Anahola Friday crew is appreciative!

mtbr member
    Hey mahalo's

mtbr member

devastation on lower kumukumu

Aloha, someone went through Lower Kumukumu with a chainsaw and cut trees to block the trail. It is devastating. It will take some work to get it back.

Sign Killa
    Yeah, same douchlog who put up all the fences. Nice of them to rape Kumukumu considering it's OUTSIDE of the newly fenced area.

FYI, said douchlog started by chopping down trees at three separate spots just makai of the road. The downed trees at the bottom are new as of last Friday. So Mr. Douchlog may not be done yet.

(As someone else pointed out to me, the guy could just be frustrated from all the garbage dumping and equates bicycle riders with that. Dunno. I'm in good shape but I can't carry a truck tire or 50lbs of dirty diapers on my bicycle.)

I understand being frustrated about trash. I do not understand being an asshat about a trail that doesn't even affect your area. Same lame behavior as they did on the mauka side a couple years back.

for (i=0; i<10000; i++) {
    print ;
    }

Sign Killa
    p.s. Eventually they'll run out of trees to chop down (and fences to mend ) p.m. me if you guys make a cleanup run.

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

my chainsaw is oiled up ready to go!

mtbr member

bite sized pieces

i chopped it friday, just toss the logs as you go.............

mtbr member

Remember

exit left to the highway just before you reach the top, dingle berry will never know

Sign Killa
    tip o' the cap to your mighty chainsaw!

Former MTBR Member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by neimac
    i chopped it

mtbr member

Mahalo to the hardtailers

Mahalo to M and B two hardtailers I met at Anahola Park at 1600 hrs and then met up later near lower Kumumumu. They helped clear the logs off of Kumukumu trail and earned 368 trail raking points each. Nice job guys. Mahalo.

mtbr member

lower kumukumu

cleared it today you can drive a caddy through it and not scratch the paint.

Former MTBR Member
    Mar 2004
    Sweet. Thanks. We cleared the auwai a few weeks ago but then it rained a bunch and the cats claw has already sprouted... so the work goes on...

mtbr member
    that is good to hear, except for the claw growing back. we had given up doing the ditch 'cause i ran out of tubes!

Former MTBR Member
    Mar 2004
    Notubes are the new tubes.

mtbr member
    I tried tubless and they were always burping at the wrong time and place. I thought that they were too much maintenance also.

Sign Killa
    Quote Originally Posted by neimac
    I tried tubless and they were always burping at the wrong time and place. I thought that they were too much maintenance also.
    If you have deep rims and tires with decent sidewalls, tubeless is pretty much set em and forget em. Which is a good thing 'cause it is a pain in the arse to seat them the first time.
    Hint: gas station air compressor.

Thanks for the trail work. I was not happy eating grass all the way up lower kumukumu last week only to get ripped open (quite literally) by cats claw only what, two weeks after our 4 hour cleanup session in the 'auwai? Why, it's enough to make a feller reach for a cold beer.

mtbr member
    I have mavic ust 819 rims maybe I should try the Stan's product, huh? It looks like a better seal with that liner. :?) I can't wait for Wailua to dry out!

Former MTBR Member
    Mar 2004
    Awesome... I don't think I've ever seen it SO open... It's super deluxe.

mtbr member
    Thanks, how is the gardrail side?

Former MTBR Member
    Mar 2004
    Who knew there was a sweet trail under all that grass?

Nothing makes me happier than dead grass.

Do you ever get out to ride over on this side?

mtbr member
    I love to hear it goin' down zing, zing! You're on the west side right? I sometimes go from the Waimea library toward Waimea Canyon and cut in at the water tank and take that road up to the motorcycle bowl to the road then on the side roads to the intersection and then hit the rim trails then down the cane roads to the Kekaha Mill. Ever done that? It's about 15 mile loop. I do some Kokee stuff day and night too.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast