Thread: Aiea Heights

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Aiea Heights

Has anyone tried to bike Aiea Heights? I hiked it awhile back and was wondering if anyone has tried it out...

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Aiea Loop Trail used to be a pretty good ride until about four years ago. In a clockwise direction, the climb was worth the investment for the downhill but there are at least four spots where fallen trees require a complete dismount. The "flow" of what used to be a total blast is now ruined. If you're insistent on riding it, I'd opt for a mid-day ride during the week - the trail is popular with hikers on the weekends, which means said "flow" is further ruined because it's mandatory to yield to hikers.

mtbr member
    I rode there alot back in 2001,and at that time it was in pretty good shape, the trail has a fun downhill section towards the end if you go clockwise. I left Oahu in 2002, so I really can't speak for the current state of the trail.
    The way we ride today shapes mountain bike trail access tomorrow. -IMBA

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I remembered the down trees, I was hoping that they would have fixed that.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Trddave
    Has anyone tried to bike Aiea Heights? I hiked it awhile back and was wondering if anyone has tried it out...
    Ride it after the rains have stopped for a least a couple weeks. It's still fun even with the trees down but riding in wet or muddy condition is not good for the trail.