mauna ona liquid
    Sep 2004

24 hours of hell 2009?

Anyone heard anything about the 2009 24 hour race at kualoa? Like, is it happening this year, and when? The A.S.S. website is no longer functional.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Last I heard the race will be held on Sept. 12-13.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    We may have to share the valley with another athletic event (don't recall who/what). I heard the ranch double-booked it. Could be interesting!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Rumor has it that a high-school cross-country (running) event is scheduled the same weekend (Sept. 12,13). Organizers reportedly have entertained the idea of postponing the 24 Hours of Hell... or changing the site [next valley over (think: "Dirt Day 2006")].

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    A different locale is cool, just so long as we have our race! I'll supply the pre-race-setup pizzas again Friday night! And be riding my "new" Ti SS (eccentric BB: no more slipping wheels!). Or the belt-drive. Maybe both, why not? Let's go A.S.S. Team!!!

Canuck on this Rock

be patient everyone. Scotty will be posting very soon on all the details. It might move to a different date, but wait until he posts with everything. I talked to him today and he is confirming on one thing before he tells people.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Big "kudos" to you and Scotty for organizing the event every year! Although I end up "dazed & confused" both during and following the event, I have to admit it's always a blast. Shoot, I've even seen "radycle" partaking in some "secret-training" on his 'new' ti-SS although those brake-cables gotta go, man, those brake-cables gotta go...

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by emptybe_er
    ...on his 'new' ti-SS although those brake-cables gotta go, man, those brake-cables gotta go...
    Hey, PINK cables are an A.S.S. tradition! Gotta have 'em. LOL!!!

mtbr member
    I decided to hop on the Hawaii forum, because some years ago, a few of us mainlanders came out and competed in the best 24hr event ever. I don't even remember how long ago that was, but hearing about A.S.S. again brought a huge smile to my face!

Thanks for the memories!!

andy
    Always preach the Gospel; even if you need to use words.

mtbr member

back at you

Quote Originally Posted by Andy aka Rut
    I decided to hop on the Hawaii forum, because some years ago, a few of us mainlanders came out and competed in the best 24hr event ever. I don't even remember how long ago that was, but hearing about A.S.S. again brought a huge smile to my face!

Thanks for the memories!!

andy
    You didn't mention you guys kicked a bunch of arse as well! Thanks again for the pirate ride and if you want to get a team together for the 24 hr here, let me know.

Canuck on this Rock
    Hey Andy, its been awhile! You guys need to come back and hang out again!! If you need a place to crash you can crash at my pad!! BTW, I still have that touque you guys gave me, I wear it every year at the 24 for tradition! Here is a pic of all of us together, the last time you were here!

Chris aka "ASS King Pin"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by spicoli-ss; 08-06-2009 at 12:57 AM.

mauna ona liquid
    Sep 2004
    Cool. Glad to hear new dates. Thanks

I think it was 2004 when the Warrior Society (?) team came out from Cali. Nice group, with local flavor as I recall.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Sat. Oct. 3, 9:00 A.M. - to - Sun. Oct. 4, 9:00 A.M. in case you didn't know already.