Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

24 hour update

1K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  spicoli-ss 
#1 ·
24 hours of Hell - October 3-4, 9am to 9pm. The first 24 under a FULL MOON!!!! Woohoo!!

#9 ·
Dang I went to mail my ap today and saw the 9/21 deadline! Yea I been just messing around with my new poorly timed career change from Boat Captain to School Teacher and time has flown. Well I am all set, was wanting to solo but if there's anyway for me to get in, please advise.

Thanks and Have a great time if I dont make it.

Cheers,
will

#11 ·
It says "send check by Sept 21..." It doesn't say you can't walk into The Bike Shop on King St. with cash & register after that date. So get to it (I need to as well...).

#12 ·
I have a SS bike and raced in the 24hrs of adrenaline 5 or 6 times in SOCAL. I am a student at UH Manoa and dont have a car or any camping equipment. If I cannot find a team to race on I will likely do it solo. ANyone have some stuff I could borrow? Such as (tent, sleeping bag, light system, and a ride from Honolulu) I will for sure help out with gas a such. Its just me and my GF, so the back of a truck would work or just 2 seats and a bike spot. Email Me at SurfSkateJeep@gmail.com Please. Otherwise I will take the bus there.

Thanks Guys, This will be my first real ride in Hawaii. And I would just register at the site or at THE BIKE SHOP

#13 ·
Here are some updates:

I will be there Friday night to setup, Scotty will be there Saturday morning.
You can still register with Scotty at the Bike Shop on King St.
You can register the day of the event.
I will be accepting fine brews throughtout the day and evening from all of you.

I will post the combo here for the gate. If you have anyone visiting you while you are racing make sure that they LOCK the gate behind them! If it doesn't, we get kicked out immediately and no more racing in the future!

If you are on the HiMBA Facebook group, I will post the combo there too.

This is the event of the year, and if any of you feel like you can't ride for a whole 24 hours, that's ok. The point of the event is a chance for everyone to see each other, ride, have fun. No excuses!! Support Hawaii mountain biking!

#15 · (Edited)
OK I am def going. I might rent a car from friday to Sunday so if anyone needs a ride I can provide one. It would be about $30. Just let me know and I can pick you up if you in the south or east or something close. Email Me or PM me. If no one needs a ride I am just taking the bus.

EDIT: I didnt think about transporting the bikes also. Looked into the trucks and they are too much. So I am going to ride the bus Friday afternoon or ride with a guy I met at Bike Factory Saturday Morning.

#17 ·
Scotty is requesting if you can get your application to any of The Bike Shop locations (King, Aiea, Kailua) before 7pm on Thursday, it will make his life way easier creating the packets for the race. He will accept same day race apps, but it may delay the start for you at the race. Thanks everyone!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.