mtbr member

Are you kidding me?

Why wouldn't Haro install a new seat post shim in a frame they send out for warranty? I mean how much could one cost? Oh well another weekend with ridding. But any way i have my new frame with everything transferred over. Im digging the new red color over the brown. I also got my Mary bars i won on ebay installed. And sense i didn't use the big rings up front, i went ahead and removed it and added a bash guard. The rear wheel is one that mike from lacemine29 built for me, (36 spoke, hope pro II hub, and his rim) pure awesome. [IMG][/IMG]

mtbr member
    Did you get in touch with your local shop about that? Our warranty guys are super dialed...but everyone makes a mistake from time to time.

mtbr member
    Probably because the old shim can still be used.

mtbr member
    Yea, it was my local shop doing all the work. The mechanic called Haro and they told him to take the old one out and use it. Well He tried for like 20 minutes to get it out without damaging it, but there was no way that thing was coming out. Ended up destroying the shim and never really getting it out. He called back and Haro is sending another one, should be here tomorrow. The point is, were talking about a really inexpensive part here, and with it being made out of aluminum and the bike is steel, there is a corrosive atmosphere there, so that part shouldn't be considered reusable.

master blaster
    Quote Originally Posted by killn
    Probably because the old shim can still be used.
    dont be a smart aleck

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbykeller
    The point is, were talking about a really inexpensive part here, and with it being made out of aluminum and the bike is steel, there is a corrosive atmosphere there, so that part shouldn't be considered reusable.
    People makes mistakes, dont look in the mirror.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot