mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Xeon S chainstay size and protector

Looking for a full wrap around design from Lizardskins. I would like to just leave the original haro chainstay protector on if possible and wrap around the new one. Which size chainstay protector would i need from Lizardskins There are standard, Jumbo, super jumbo and a swingarm protector (or if anybody knows of a better looking or fitting brand)?

Thanks In advance!

mtbr member
    I haven't had any experience with the Lizardskin wraps. I'd measure the approximate circumference of your chainstay and ask Lizardskins for help.

mtbr member
    Personally I like an old inner tube cut and wrapped on the stay...held on with zip ties. Great protection and just about FREE!!!

mtbr member
    Road bike bar tape also works well. Not as cheap as an old inner tube but it looks great and comes in a variety of cool colors.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Thanks for the responses Jill and Kidcurry! Those are some great ideas, but unfortunately my money likes to burn a hole in my pocket, LOL. I dont really need to replace the Orig haro one, still looks newer, but I really like the tight full wrap around look of say like specialized chainstays.

Hey Jill, Haro should look into making some sweet full wrap around style chainstay protectors. I love flaunting the HARO brand! My only complaint of the one's that are stock on the Xeon is they are cut too big and overhang off the sides a little (and there not full wrap around), but at least it has a chainstay protector on it