mtbr member
    Feb 2009

x1 extreme xs too small?

I just bought a 2004 extreme x1 I had the intention of using it as a parts bike, but when I sat on it the size felt right. It’s an extra small and I am about 5”9-5”10 my escape is a 18 and I had to shorten the stem a little bit and now it feels good. My question should i spend a little more to get it up and running? I haven’t got the chance to ride the bike yet because its missing the crank set.

mtbr member
    If you decide you dont want it pm me............

You say its a XS ??? would that be a 14" ???

ride hard take risks
    At your height that would be way to small you will be better off with a medium.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Yea I believe it is, when I was looking at the down tube it has an “S” and an “X” behind the “S”. I am not sure if its just the graphics but that’s what it looks to me. I did measure the down tube and it measured out to 15 ½.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    At your height that would be way to small you will be better off with a medium.
    Yea I was thinking that…I guess ill take it to LBS and ask him if the bike fits me correctly. My LBS is awesome! I got lucky he mainly works on MTB’s.

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2005avtj
    Yea I was thinking that…I guess ill take it to LBS and ask him if the bike fits me correctly. My LBS is awesome! I got lucky he mainly works on MTB’s.
    Sounds like a great idea.

If they agree get ahold of ccr9 he's looking for a new project since dhj wont schmooze him a Porter.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot