Doesntplaywellwithmorons!

Who makes the Pivit labeled hubs...

on all the haro mtbs? Is it Chin Haur or JoyTech ?

mtbr member
    We use a variety of manufacturers...most all are either Joy Tech or Formula.

So the higher end ones with the nice cartridge bearings and colour annodized alloy freehub bodies I'm guessing are the Novatech end of the Joytech factory's offering (same as Vuelta uses in their wheelsets, and many other brands) ? If so that greatly simplifies sourcing replacement freehub bodies.

mtbr member
    Specifically on what bike or bikes?

Well I saw some on ebay, don't know what they were taken from but I'd guess given the rim choice being as I recall Sun singletracks that they probably came off a Xeon. I'm sure I'll be seeing more of them in the future, we're looking at making Haro the first major brand for the shop me and a couple partners are in the process of opening. I just wanted to know ahead of time in case a customer asks why they aren't "shimano" hubs or something. I've used a lot of Joytech and Formula and Chin haur manufactured hubs on my own bikes so I've no problem with them myself.

mtbr member
    Yeah, we have had really good luck with those brands. They make hubs for some of the bigger aftermarket hub brands in the business...it's sort of cool when you walk through the factory and see hubs being made for some of the higher-end aftermarket brands!

mtbr member
    Just retired a set after over 3,000 miles on a 05 Haro Escape. Great HUBs!
    Last edited by ga_kush; 02-15-2010 at 07:06 AM.

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by downhilljill
    .it's sort of cool when you walk through the factory and see hubs being made for some of the higher-end aftermarket brands!
    Thats what makes the world go round.

Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

Pro
    Mar 2010

Pivit Disc 9 manufacturer / freehub body replacement info, please?

Ok,

So, I have a Rhyno Lite rear wheel with a Pivit Disc 9 rear hub that I haven't used yet and
    I was wondering if you could tell me the manufacturer (my guess is that it is Formula) and if the freehub body is replaceable or not.

The formula free hub mechanism usually last me about 3 months (which is 5 to ten times longer than the Shimano freehub mechanism) and I wanted to find out if there is a replacement part available or if I have to purchase a whole new hub. If so, where do I find replacement Pivit hubs &/or freehubs?

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoNick
    Ok,

So, I have a Rhyno Lite rear wheel with a Pivit Disc 9 rear hub that I haven't used yet and
    I was wondering if you could tell me the manufacturer (my guess is that it is Formula) and if the freehub body is replaceable or not.

The formula free hub mechanism usually last me about 3 months (which is 5 to ten times longer than the Shimano freehub mechanism) and I wanted to find out if there is a replacement part available or if I have to purchase a whole new hub. If so, where do I find replacement Pivit hubs &/or freehubs?
    How do you destroy hubs so quickly??

Why not go with a sturdier wheel set??
    Formotion Products

Pro
    Mar 2010
    wheelsets are plenty sturdy. It's the freehub mechanisms that don't hold up. My Cannondale with a King rear was stolen recently and I don't have the dough to replace it so I want to use what I have and what is affordable at the moment.

ride hard take risks
    What do you do to destroy freehubs???
    Formotion Products

Maybe he's gravity gifted.

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeEight
    Maybe he's gravity gifted.
    Gifted at breaking.
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoNick
    Ok,

Not knowing for sure bike the wheels came off of, it's likely either Formula or Joytech.

Pro
    Mar 2010
    The hub is a "Pivit Disc 9."

It came on a Rhyno Lite wheelset.

Ordered a Formula Freehub for my 29er so we'll play around to see if it fits on one or both bikes. Thanks...