mtbr member
    Jun 2007

What happend to HARO VLS / SONIX ? was it discontinued & WHy?

I haven't ridden much in several years.
    But wanting to get back into it.
    I' have a Haro Sonix from 07 or 08. Monitou Black up front.
    I really like it. Don't plan on replacing the bike - but it seems to be discontinued around '10 or 11 ??
    Anyone know what happened to this VLS suspension / SOnix in the HARO product Line? Was it flawed design or something ? I think it won MTB XC bike of the year around 08.
    I know there was talk of frame failures but they warrantied them.
    Never a problem with mine.
    Is the VLS suspension offered on other models for HARO?

Info much appreciated.

I Mostly ride cross county and technical single track with some jumps. In Texas so no monster downhills for me. I also have a Kona Hard tail - but the older my back gets the more i like riding the Full susp of the Haro Sonix.
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxthedog View Post
    Was it flawed design or something ?
    Strange, isn't it how they quietly exited their revolutionary FS frame design.

I am personally 100% convinced that their design is flawed and with some luck the suspension can come loose. I think it is the best they could do stopping production of these frames.
    What do I know, ask the "experts"!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    All Haro Full suspension bikes were discontinued for 2012, i believe. I think they couldn't shake the "more bike for your dollar" image, and couldn't make a good profit in this sector.
    Last edited by Rooney; 06-03-2013 at 11:52 AM.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Supposedly they fired Jill and killed off all the high end mountain models and all the full suspensions to focus on the BMX/Kids line that was their "core" business. Two years later and they're showing off carbon fiber mary's at sea otter which makes no sense since the bikes were not going to be cheap, and they'd just spent money chasing away the exact segment of buyers and brand followers that Jill had spent years trying to draw to the company.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ozvena View Post
    Strange, isn't it how they quietly exited their revolutionary FS frame design.

I am personally 100% convinced that their design is flawed and with some luck the suspension can come loose. I think it is the best they could do stopping production of these frames.
    There is nothing wrong with there design. I am still beating the crap out of my 2010
    Sonix. It is a fantastic bike for the money. I am 100% convinced that your statement is flawed and with some luck when you sober up you will admit it.
    UGG boots will germinate Paris Hilton like intellect in your soles!

mtbr member
    Your expertise against an icon in the bike race industry who said it is all crap (Haro authorized dealer BTW)?

I think the one person who is drunk is you.

You have never done any mechanical work to learn how things work other than shoe lacing your UGG boots that gave you Paris Hilton's like intellect (I admire your signature, tells me a lot about you).

Quote Originally Posted by carverboy View Post
    There is nothing wrong with there design. I am still beating the crap out of my 2010
    Sonix. It is a fantastic bike for the money. I am 100% convinced that your statement is flawed and with some luck when you sober up you will admit it.

UGG boots will germinate Paris Hilton like intellect in your soles!
    What do I know, ask the "experts"!