Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Thanks everyone!

Hello there, my precious Haro peeps....

I just wanted to let you guys know that I have experienced what so many people are these days: corporate downsizing. I have been laid off from Haro Bikes. I was one of several people who were handed their last paychecks yesterday.

I had a great 10-year run with Haro. Now it's time to move on to the next opportunity, whatever that may be. I hope to stay in the bike industry, so we'll see what happens.

Thank you guys so much for all of your passion and enthusiasm for the Haro brand. It's going to be up to you guys to keep the flame alive!

I want to give special recognition to David (DogonFR) for all of your help and support of the Haro forum. You've been a tremendous asset with your knowledge and willingness to help people out. I hope you will continue to stay involved here...you have contributed to many!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Jill

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Sorry to hear that, I was out of job for 1yr and 2 months finally just got something. wish you the best of luck finding something quick, I know your pain!!!!

mtbr member
    Very sorry to hear this Jill. You have my prayers that this becomes an opportunity for something even better than your time at Haro.
    Bikes=Sanity

ride hard take risks
    No more Goddess of Haro!!! Your wonderful advise and awesome personality will be missed on the Haro forum. Hope it was a good parting and you can still pop in an out to say Hi now that your not wasting your time traveling We love you

If you have my email still hit me up new opportunities are calling.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    Jill - sorry to hear of this news.

Here's to bigger, better and brighter things for you in the bike business for many years to come.

Best,

Mark

nothing relevant to say
    I recently found out another Haro employee was no longer there. I was wondering if something was up....especially with the line's downsizing...
    Good Luck with your next venture!

?hipster?
    Sorry to hear that news Jill, Haro is a bit less for it.

Hang in there and focus on the positive.

moe

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Sorry to hear this news Jill. Good luck and hope you find something soon. The Haro folks need to know that you were the face of the franchise. It was your awesome attention to providing great customer service is what sold the brand and cemeted our loyalty. My son and I also ride the Masi brand largely because of your efforts with Haro. The company won't do nearly as well without you working behind the scenes, and sadly they don't have a clue.
    GapRider MTB
    aka Chuck Faulkner
    Tazewell TN 37879

http://www.jeffrothcyclingfoundation.org

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Your representation of Haro on the forums and elsewhere has served as a great help to many people who have purchased Haro bikes over the past several years. Good luck to you. And good luck to Haro for that matter. If they are cutting back that hard they need it!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnR5
    And good luck to Haro for that matter. If they are cutting back that hard they need it!
    Its a tough time to be making a buck in the bike industry. Smaller brands like Haro have to really get after it to keep up with the likes of Trek and Specialized. All the more reason to have a presence at bike events and races like Sea Otter, etc. Its going to only get harder for them if the only connection one has with the brand is through the LBS, and they only connect with the guy on the phone filling the orders. Good for us that we have our garage filled with bikes for now and are not shopping for anything other than componets as needed.
    GapRider MTB
    aka Chuck Faulkner
    Tazewell TN 37879

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Big mistake made by Haro. Jill was their best presence at events and on the net. Thanks for all you help Jill.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Thanks for everything Jill!

mtbr member
    As others have said but bares repeating. Thank you for all your help. I am sure you will come out better in the long term. Good luck and happy trails!

too cold to ride
    I actually thought better of the brand due to Jill's presence on the forums...I'm not used to a rep being so accessible.

As for Haro, they seem to be cutting everything back. I wouldn't be surprised to see them discontinue the MTB line, which is what I guessed would happen when they abandoned the VL system (and 650b). They don't do anything to stand out from the big players, prob should just focus on the bmx core.

Good luck, Jill- although I'm sure you'll land on your feet quickly.
    Now go home and get your ******* shinebox.

mtbr member
    Sorry to see you go, we'll miss you.

Hope to see you back on a forum doing what you like.

ridin' Mary
    Haro RIFed the SS Mary. Haro RIFed their 650B bikes. Haro RIFed most of their FS bikes and just kept some lame single pivot bikes. And now Haro RIFed their godess.

Haro is dead to me. I still ride my Mary and love that bike. But Haro has moved in directions I am absolutely not interested in.

Long live the Heartland! That seems to be their bread and butter. Yuk!

TheWeekendRegular
    WOW!

I've only been riding MTB for about 4 years now but because of how Jill talked about and supported this brand I had no problem looking at their bikes for all of my riding needs. While I have no plans on getting rid of my 3 Haro bikes (Flightline Expert, Steel Reserve, and Xeon) I don't think I will be as selective in the future.

Best of luck to you Jill with everything in your future. I only wish good things for you and thank you got all of your help in the past!
    Last edited by TheWeekendRegular; 12-02-2010 at 06:02 PM.

mtbr member
    Sad to hear this news , All brands are suffering In this economy, hope u find a new stable to prop ur ride. Thanks for the helpful input u have provided, my Mary SS still is a rockin ride , Haro, don't throw it all away .
    2010 Surly, Curry "Pugs"
    Surly, Gray "Pugs" R.I.P.
    2010 HARO, Mary SS
    Kona "Deluxe" roadbike

San Miguel Beer Drinker
    Apr 2009
    Best of luck to you Jill.

Dropshot Champ!
    Hope you stay in the bike industry Jill. You were always fast to email back and kept a positive vibe going in this forum. I hope your passion stays in this industry, I really do.

Best of luck, and keep shreddin!

SSolo
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by downhilljill
    Hello there, my precious Haro peeps....

I just wanted to let you guys know that I have experienced what so many people are these days: corporate downsizing. I have been laid off from Haro Bikes. I was one of several people who were handed their last paychecks yesterday.

I had a great 10-year run with Haro. Now it's time to move on to the next opportunity, whatever that may be. I hope to stay in the bike industry, so we'll see what happens.

Thank you guys so much for all of your passion and enthusiasm for the Haro brand. It's going to be up to you guys to keep the flame alive!

I want to give special recognition to David (DogonFR) for all of your help and support of the Haro forum. You've been a tremendous asset with your knowledge and willingness to help people out. I hope you will continue to stay involved here...you have contributed to many!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Jill
    W0w that sucks....been there....hope you land a good job soon. Merry Christmas and stay positive!

Quote Originally Posted by OhNooo
    Haro RIFed the SS Mary. Haro RIFed their 650B bikes. Haro RIFed most of their FS bikes and just kept some lame single pivot bikes. And now Haro RIFed their godess.

Haro is dead to me. I still ride my Mary and love that bike. But Haro has moved in directions I am absolutely not interested in.

Long live the Heartland! That seems to be their bread and butter. Yuk!
    x2.....niche market bike company cuts their most niche-like models.....and now their staff...yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by atenciole
    Big mistake made by Haro. Jill was their best presence at events and on the net. Thanks for all you help Jill.
    Yes....as others said it makes even more difference now adays to have good customer service and representation at biking events, trail-side test rides, web forums, etc.

My LBS where I bought her stopped carrying Haro awhile back. Hard to sell when the LBS doesn't have any in stock to test ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thankfully I bought my Mary couple years ago and still have it....love this bike...it refreshes me everytime I ride it. Great around downtown, trails, neighborhood etc....but really love it on the singletrack! Now where's that 2011 bike company deathpool thread?
    Last edited by Natedogz; 12-20-2010 at 05:45 PM.
    Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son...

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    jilll...what direction do you see haro bike heading,more freeride/slopestyle and bmx focused ???

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by AMCAT
    jilll...what direction do you see haro bike heading,more freeride/slopestyle and bmx focused ???

Jill say good by
    Jill no respond in 4 weeks
    Jill no longer with Haro

Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Natedogz
    Thankfully I bought my Mary couple years ago and still have it....love this bike...it refreshes me everytime I ride it.
    Yea, that's where we are right now. Got Mary, the 09 Flightlines, and my son's V5-homebuild. Just don't think we will be looking to Haro for anymore MTBs in the near and distant future. We are also stocked on Masi roadbikes and don't look to be adding any more to the stable there either. Can't say the design changes in the MTB or roadbike lines really appeal to me, but I'm probably too old for their demographic. It will be interesting to see where the brand goes without the solid customer service. The regional rep here in TN/KY never really seemed to do much other than fill the LBS orders off the phone.
    GapRider MTB
    aka Chuck Faulkner
    Tazewell TN 37879

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Haro made a bad move and Allan Cooke is a bmx guy so thats probably where they are headed. BMX isnt what it used to be though and honestly other than kids serious bmx riders build from the frame up not completes from Haro

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast