mtbr member

Sonix VL120, Good bike for Moab

Just got back from my 10th annual boys' weekend in Moab and 3rd year on the Sonix. I have to say this bike continues to perform admirably and has yet to have a breakdown while there. I especially enjoy the satisfaction of blowing by the $5,000+ bikes on Porcupine and Amassa Back and have yet to figure out what the extra $3k gets you. My buddy was riding on his brand new Ellsworth Epiphany and didn't notice a difference in performance. He did blow out his brand new SRAM XO derailleur on Porcupine but can't really blame that on the bike (Although I'm still on my original X-7).

I guess I'm just trying to give props to Haro and the amazingly durable bikes they seem to put together and to try and convince any potential shoppers out there what a good bike it is. For the record, it not only excels at the downhill but is and excellent climber as well. We rode Porcupine from town and there was minimal pedal bob and even if I had a lockout option on the rear shock I probably wouldn't have used it. My buddy on the Ellsworth and other buddy on 2010 Trek Fuel EX9 both locked there's out to minimize pedal bob and then had to switch to Pro-pedal when we hit the rocky uphill. I made no adjustments to the rear shock.

This year we hit it pretty hard for the 4 days we were there:
    Day 1, Sovereign and Salt Wash, 18 Miles.
    Day 2, Super Porcupine, 34 Miles
    Day 3, Hurrah Pass to Jackson's Ladder to Amassa Back Trails, 31 Miles
    Day 4, The Brand Trails, 15 Miles; Monitor and Merrimac Loop, 7 Miles

Most likely the Sonix will be joining me next year and I expect it to do just as well. Here are some pics of the Sonix.
    Last edited by Furrydogs; 06-20-2010 at 10:51 AM.

ride hard take risks
    Shaweetness thats awesome territory that beats a bike bad.

Looks like a fun time other than 34 mile part unless its all DH.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    Great pics!!!

I love the one with the flowers with the bike in the background. I'm such a girl!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I like the jump

Don't show the jumps or say goodbye to your warranty... right? or i'm I wrong?

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnieL
    I like the jump

Well of course your wrong no one would ever jump or ride off drops on a bike thats just unsafe Duuuuuu!!
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnieL
    I like the jump

I thought about that but I've had a good 3+ years on it so if it broke I figured I've already got my money's worth. The bike seems to have some pretty beefy welds so I don't think my little 3 to 4 foot drops would do much to it.