mtbr member

some doubts frame haro xeon s

hi i'm a biker from spain and i'm interested on buying a frame of haro xeon s and i've got a lot of doubts...
    first of all, size, i'. 168 cm tall, and i don't know if 16 fits ok on me or it's better a 14, that i think it's maybe too small...
    what about climbing with this frame?
    after that, fork on my actual bike i ride a revelation 130 mm, and frame its supposed to work ok with 140mm fork, its only 10 mm, but i don't know how will it works.. the other option is upgrade to a revelation 09 with 14o mm max, how about getting the fork with u turn to up hills... well i prefer to not have to change the fork...
    haro don't have a dealer on spain, so i don't know if i broke something where to go to haro france, or better directly on usa....
    thanks and apologizes for my english...
    thxs

ride hard take risks
    Welcome to the forums!!

At your height your inbetween sizes but the 16 will fit you very well as an AM bike.

140mm fork is the minimum fork travel for the Xeon design anything lower is a waste of a sweet bike.

As for the warranty, bike manufactures cover their name only so Haro would warranty only Haro parts like frame. The manufacture of the other components are responsible in warrantying there products, Rock Shox would warranty there products.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    ok 140 mm.... nice, it maybe the time to upgrade to a 20mm fork+ wheels... pike or new revolution, or maybe manitou minute....+ wheels like xt 776 or custom made...
    i m waiting for a gravity dropper, has anyone mounted one in a xenon...
    thanks

ride hard take risks
    20mm front axle is a given for a bike that is expected to rail DH and aggressive trails.

I'm to cheap to spend on a adjust on the fly post but there is a huge advantage when you dont have to stop to readjust your seat height for different trail conditions. Something like the Joplin that gives you 75mm/3" adjustable travel.

http://www.crankbrothers.com/seatposts.php
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    20mm front axle is a given for a bike that is expected to rail DH and aggressive trails.

I'm to cheap to spend on a adjust on the fly post but there is a huge advantage when you dont have to stop to readjust your seat height for different trail conditions. Something like the Joplin that gives you 75mm/3" adjustable travel.

http://www.crankbrothers.com/seatposts.php
    well it's not cheap, but my friends have to compensate me from years of boring gifts for my birdthay... i'm in a doubt of size, if i'm in the middle of the two sizes is not better to get the smaller to have a easyer to move bike?
    thanks

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by jallll
    well it's not cheap, but my friends have to compensate me from years of boring gifts for my birdthay... i'm in a doubt of size, if i'm in the middle of the two sizes is not better to get the smaller to have a easyer to move bike?
    thanks
    You have good friends to buy such a nice present.

The 16" will give you plenty of room for XC/AM riding yet still be comfortable on the steep descents and jumps.

14" will be much better for FR/DH but you will sacrifice anything else.

I'm 5'7" and am between a 16 and 17", on my long travel bike I went for the Med/17 for a roomier cockpit yet sacrificed the SO a tad. On my 5" play bike I went 16" giving me a very flickable bike but if I was to do XC I would suffer, I hate XC so it's not a issue.
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    well, lets take the 16, to downhill, first have to ger there......

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    i am about your height and riding 14inch. ride mostly XC and AM with no problem at all. In fact if its a 16 inch the top tube ll be too long for me. But that is just me...

I use a Marzo AMSL1 20mm thru axle fork and run it at 160mm sometime for really steep drop. But for XC and AM i will set it at 130mm to 140mm as this fork has slightly longer AC

Also i upgraded the rear shock to a fox RP3 (heckler OEM which has similar e2e and travel to the xeon specs) its super plush and it rides so sweet...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottam
    i am about your height and riding 14inch. ride mostly XC and AM with no problem at all. In fact if its a 16 inch the top tube ll be too long for me. But that is just me...

I use a Marzo AMSL1 20mm thru axle fork and run it at 160mm sometime for really steep drop. But for XC and AM i will set it at 130mm to 140mm as this fork has slightly longer AC

Also i upgraded the rear shock to a fox RP3 (heckler OEM which has similar e2e and travel to the xeon specs) its super plush and it rides so sweet...
    which size of stem use in your bike?
    thanks

mtbr member
    If you are about 168cm tall, I'd personally put you on the 16" bike. The 14" will be too small for you.