mtbr member

Small thing that P!$$ me off about Haro

Don't get me wrong, I love my Haro, and am not actually pissed at them. I am just complaining a bit, and maybe asking for an explanation why...

I just bought a new shock for my X7, a Fox DHX 5.0. I had to get new reducers for the eyelets. One is 22mm, one is 25mm, both having 6mm holes. My question is...why would you make one of them 25mm (very uncommon size). Why not just have a little more metal on the rear swing-arm and have it be a 22mm? Better yet, why go with the 6mm? I bent one, and had to replace it, but most bikes are 8mm, and I just don't see the reason or any real money savings with doing this. To me it is cheap and not for good reason.

mtbr member
    Nobody has a comment or opinion on this? Has anyone noticed small things like this on other models of bike that really could have been improved without any additional cost? I would love to hear from Haro on this one and see what their reasoning is...

mtbr member
    This same issue is also a problem on the shift frames. Haro made tiny changes in the spacer size which are uncommon and have to either be special ordered or modified to work.

mtbr member
    Putting "just a little more metal" on any of the frame's parts are harder than you might think. Areas on the frame like shock mounts are usually forged...which requires a mold. Molds cost big money and take time to open up.

All of our rear shocks ship with spacers from the shock manufacturer...so I don't know that they are "uncommon". They might just be uncommon on some of the mail order websites.

Your local shop should be able to order the spacers you need from Fox or any other shock manufacturer. If I'm not mistaken, I think several people have worked directly with Fox to get the spacers they need.

Glad to hear you still love us despite the spacer situation!