mtbr member
    Aug 2012

seat post trouble

I have a problem I can't seem to solve. I just bought a new leftover 2011 Flightline 3. I have about 70 trail miles on it so far. Thr trouble is the seat post keeps loosening up at the pivot with the seat. The spec sheet says it's a Pivit Alloy Micro Adjust 30.9mm. I set the seat position to where I like it and when I come off the trail it's loose again. I am tightening the socket bolt VERY tight. Still it keeps loosening. Any tricks to keep it tight? Do I need to change the seat post of a brand new bike? Thanks in advance. Karl

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I think this is a common problem, if your bike is still under warranty I would take it back to the shop and see if they would fix it/ replace it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Update:
    I went on the tool truck at work and bought a extra long allen key. With the extra leverage I was able to tighten the bolt some more. It has held for two 15mile rides so far. Hope it's solved.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I used a wrench as a cheater bar and mine still slipped so I tach weld a bead to the seat rail to get me by. My red neck southern engineering work great but I'm gonna upgrade my seat post and seat

Members who have read this thread: 0