mtbr member
    Aug 2012

seat post trouble

I have a problem I can't seem to solve. I just bought a new leftover 2011 Flightline 3. I have about 70 trail miles on it so far. Thr trouble is the seat post keeps loosening up at the pivot with the seat. The spec sheet says it's a Pivit Alloy Micro Adjust 30.9mm. I set the seat position to where I like it and when I come off the trail it's loose again. I am tightening the socket bolt VERY tight. Still it keeps loosening. Any tricks to keep it tight? Do I need to change the seat post of a brand new bike? Thanks in advance. Karl

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I think this is a common problem, if your bike is still under warranty I would take it back to the shop and see if they would fix it/ replace it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Update:
    I went on the tool truck at work and bought a extra long allen key. With the extra leverage I was able to tighten the bolt some more. It has held for two 15mile rides so far. Hope it's solved.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I used a wrench as a cheater bar and mine still slipped so I tach weld a bead to the seat rail to get me by. My red neck southern engineering work great but I'm gonna upgrade my seat post and seat