Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Roll Call! Show us your Haro please.

473K views 838 replies 330 participants last post by  protsi 
#1 ·
Post photos and spec. How does it fit your riding style?

#331 ·
rcmaster1029 said:
Sorry, I don't follow in the biking scene as far as people go.
Got it. :thumbsup:

rcmaster1029 said:
Are you talking about the slow-mo scenes after showing it at normal speed?

I was the one filming. We will probably get some new video of him doing some new jumps in the next few weeks and maybe you'll see me on my ghetto hard tail acting like a noob (cuz I am one). Anyway, thanks for the compliments even though they aren't really geared towards me. I hope my filming was ok.

#332 ·
Hi guys. I just finished building my haro, so new to the forum. I switched over from a 99 GT Zaskar, this is my first FS bike. So far i'm extremely happy with its performance. Here is what i've got:

Frame: 2004 Haro Werx XLS
Shock: Manitau Swinger X3
Fork: Rock Shox Revelation U-Turn Air
XTR: Rear, Shifters and Discs
XT: Front, Cassette, Chain
Crank: Bontrager Race Lite
Stem and Bar: Easton EA70
Wheels: XT hubs and rhinolites

And here she is...

#334 ·
Neil.b said:
Hi, this is my 05 x3, I just fitted brand new Sherman Breakout plus forks and a brand new swinger 4 way coil. It has XT dual controll levers, disk brakes and front+rear mechs.
Sweet build the upgrades are very nice. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Depending on your weight switch the fork fluid to Maxima 5W and lube the seals with RaceTech seal lube. :rockon:

#336 ·
Neil.b said:
Thank you for your comments :), I weigh 175lbs, what oil would you advise? Is my 450x3.0 rear spring ok for my weight?
Check out 2.5W fluid but make sure to get good quality fluid like Maxima, Red Line or Showa, couldnt find the exact service manual for the fork. :thumbsup:

http://www.enduroforkseals.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/sherman_flick_web.pdf

http://www.enduroforkseals.com/

http://www.manitoumtb.com/helpdesk.asp

Spring weight depends on linkage design, rule of thumb for DH type riding you should get about 30% sag. Back the preload off then set it to where the spring and nut are seating then adjust sag but dont go past 2 full turns on the preload nut otherwise it can cause coil bind at bottom out. If you need to adjust more preload then go to a stiffer spring. :cornut:

#341 ·
I put together a 2006 x7 from ebay / forum parts. Some of the parts aren't my first choice but I will upgrade them later (brakes, fork, cranks, etc).

frame: 2006 x7
fork: Manitou sherman breakout+ TPC 130/170mm
shock: fox DHX 5.0
headset: FSA big fat pig 1.5
bb: truvativ gigapipe
crank: FSA gravity
chain guide: e.13 sts
pedals: crank bros 50/50
seat: sdg i-beam
rear deraileur: deore (have a saint but need an axle)
hubs: king/kong
rims: alex supra
rear tire: kenda blue groove
front tire: kenda nevegal
stem: FUNN rippa
shifter: crappy old xt trigger
front brake: clarks 6pot hydraulic w/ 203mm rotor
rear brake: hayes nine hydraulic w/ 150mm rotor

#349 ·
dogonfr said:
Awesome bike, how you enjoying the ride???:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That door is sweet love the wood. :yesnod:
Man I'm 100% satisfied with the bike! Rock solid! Glad you like the door hehehe they are being laquered again at the moment.
I have some doubts and they don't seem worth opening a new thread, so here they go:
Which's the biggest fork I can safely use on this frame? (just in case I want to change it in the future)
What does the big grey knob below one of the bottles do?

PS: please forgive any grammar mistakes english is not my native language :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.