mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Question for Sonix Comp 2009 owners

Does your rear shock (Fox Float R) has builtin ProPedal feature? If it does then there should be red square on the shock's side with 3 bars painted on it. Two bars have some dark color, one bar is white. Which bar is white on your shock? The shortest one? The medium one or the longest one?

ride hard take risks
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    So there are no Float R without ProPedal for 2009.

I just can't understand why Haro didn't chose Float RP2 (ProPedal can be turned off) instead. Properly set up (20% sag) VLS means there is no bob and no need for any ProPedal, right?

powered by ibuprofen
    They claim the shock is spec'd w/ a certain level of platform to go along with the frame design.

Finally get your bike?
    ....what the hell you lookin' down here for?

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by otoko
    So there are no Float R without ProPedal for 2009.

I just can't understand why Haro didn't chose Float RP2 (ProPedal can be turned off) instead. Properly set up (20% sag) VLS means there is no bob and no need for any ProPedal, right?
    http://www.harobikes.com/mtb/tab5.php

Many bike dont need as much so called "Pro Pedal" because of new technology and the shock manufactures working with the bike manufacture and their design team to custom build shocks to certain specifications to meet the frame design needs.

BoB is over rated in many cases today especially with new shock designs just about the only time you may feel BoB is sprinting out of the saddle on a DH rig with 7+" travel that is designed more to smooth out the big stuff not race XC or climb very efficiently.

Lock out devises are also not as efficient on climb with rough terrain and really only good for smooth flat trail. The rear suspensions ability to absorb a sharp impact like a tree root when climbing helps keep the rear wheel on the ground where the traction is where a HT or locked out FS would bounce over the same root. Granted a experienced HT rider can work their body like a shock to clear obstacles like roots but this also fatigues the rider having to work much more.
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ecoast
    They claim the shock is spec'd w/ a certain level of platform to go along with the frame design.

Finally get your bike?
    After months of hunting I finaly have something. Two alternatives, both are very tricky so I'm keeping fingers crossed.

In one case there is a used frame with rear shock which I belive don't fit it well. Float R with medium ProPedal. I'll have to replace this shock with something more appropriate, for example RockShox Monarch 3.1 (I can get one really cheap, it also should be compartible with FOX shock mounting hardware).

PS. No, it's not Sonix Comp 2009. It's Sonix Werx 2007 - stock shock was RP23, don't know why it was replaced with Float R...
    Last edited by otoko; 02-25-2009 at 05:25 AM.

mtbr member
    One word: price. We have certain retail price points we meet; the RP2 would have placed that particular bike up into a price point we didn't want to be in.

I personally really like having a rear shock with a little bit of platform on my Sonix. I just find that it makes climbing more effective since it controls how quickly the rear shock will compress.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I'm in really good mood now

Seems like I've won an auction for the Sonix Werx frame, another milestone complete in a looong quest for the_dream_bike (I expect it will take another 2 months or so).

And also I took first place in the "Snowflake race 2009" this weekend. Here is a pic of happy me, sorry for the bike not being Haro... yet. Siberian winter is no exuse for not riding

ride hard take risks
    I'm in really good mood now

Seems like I've won an auction for the Sonix Werx frame, another milestone complete in a looong quest for the_dream_bike (I expect it will take another 2 months or so).

And also I took first place in the "Snowflake race 2009" this weekend. Here is a pic of happy me, sorry for the bike not being Haro... yet. Siberian winter is no exuse for not riding
    Dank double congratz yo da Man!!!
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    Congrats!