Thread: Our Haro family

mtbr member

Our Haro family

Just thought that since the forums have been a little slow, I'd throw up some pics of the Haro bikes in our family. Mine and both of my son's bikes. Mine is a 2005 shift R5 with hardly anything left stock. The middle is my son's 2009 Z1 and on the right is my other son's 2009 Haro race expert. The Z1 will soon be a spare because my younger son wants to start racing too so I'll probably pick him up a junior race in the next couple weeks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Our Haro family-haro-001-medium-.jpg  

Our Haro family-haro-002-medium-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Nice little collection! I've been meaning to put up a similar post. We have 4 in the garage, although it's my MTB and three beach cruisers(we live maybe 10 miles from the water)

ride hard take risks
    Awesome family you have their.

Has the young son raced at all??
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    Awesome family you have their.

Has the young son raced at all??
    My 11 year old races now. My 6 year old hasn't raced but has ridden the track at practice on the heavy Z1. Last week he took a few laps on the race expert and was a lot faster. The Z1 is almost 28 lbs and the race is 17.5. It made a big difference. The haro race junior or mini jr. are even lighter by a couple pounds. Once he realized he was going faster he came back to me and said he wants to start racing now. I'll get him a bike and see how he does. Hopefully he likes it because these things aren't cheap. It's really a great sport for kids.

ride hard take risks
    If your not sure about the dedication go to a smaller front sprocket & narrower tires. If he still is jazzed your spending the money on a real race bike. If he is only mediocre then you can go to shorter cranks and lower bars and still be way under the price of a race bike.
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    I had thought about that but he's short (like his dad) and he's stretched out on the Z1. The top tube on the Z1 is 20.5" which is way too long for him. A race bike for his size will have a top tube length of around 17-17.5". I have a line on a haro mini jr. that's used with a ton of upgrades (carbon forks, light wheelset, etc) that only weighs 11.5 pounds for a really good price, so I may jump on that and if he doesn't like it I won't have any problems getting my money back out of it. I'm excited to see what he's able to do since he's absolutely fearless on a bike.

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by dunerinaz
    I had thought about that but he's short (like his dad) and he's stretched out on the Z1. The top tube on the Z1 is 20.5" which is way too long for him. A race bike for his size will have a top tube length of around 17-17.5". I have a line on a haro mini jr. that's used with a ton of upgrades (carbon forks, light wheelset, etc) that only weighs 11.5 pounds for a really good price, so I may jump on that and if he doesn't like it I won't have any problems getting my money back out of it. I'm excited to see what he's able to do since he's absolutely fearless on a bike.
    Sounds like you have a sweet plan in the works and a son that is going to be another Mike King with a touch of Steve Peat, next American DH Champion!!!! Yaaa let him rip!!!
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    Awesome pics!!! It's pictures like this that bring a little tear of joy to my eyes!

Thanks for being such a Haro fan!!!