mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Newbie with a Haro Flightline 1DX (been lurking for awhile) questions on upgrading?

Hi first time poster but been lurking for awhile! Last year my brother got me a Haro Flightline 1DX and so far so good.

However, as I am getting more into riding and reading the forums I want to upgrade some of the stuff on the bike. Granted most of the seasoned riders will say "just get a new bike" however the bike was free to begin with and the frame being same as the flightline comp/sport, I would spend some money on used parts (when available) to upgrade. Fork upgrade/wheel/tire/drive terrain

I am pretty up to speed on the fork, wheel/tire, but a bit lost when it comes to drive terrain. I am unsure if I should upgrade to 8spd/9spd and if so what all is needed to do the change (derailleur, shifter, crankset, BB, chain, hubset, etc). Also brand and size that is best fit?

Thanks for you help in advance.

ride hard take risks
    Here is the answer to all your questions.

Flightline 1 rookie
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Thanks for the info, I believe I read that post couple of times before lol!

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by billam
    Thanks for the info, I believe I read that post couple of times before lol!
    Your on the right track going to 9 speed but it means a major component upgrade. I have a bro that can help you out with some bits but the rear derailleurs he has are cheapos which are better than nothing, Your still looking at about $300 used not including a fork.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot