mtbr member
    Apr 2010

need help with my X7 again

fixed my bike, went on riding and it was all great but after a drop the rear end got loose again... the bolts are tight enough but theres a huge play in the rear end, and my pivot spindle is brand new and the bearings are in great condition... whats next?

ride hard take risks
    Bro your having more nightmares in one month then any one in many years.

You should be able to grasp the rear wheel in one hand an rock side to side if you feel play isolate it. Their are 4 pivot or rear swing arm joint locations, main pivot, rear wheel bearings, swing arm to shock, shock to frame. Be sure to check things like steer bearing play, front wheel bearings, BB bearings/crankarm play.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    did that, the play is in the pivot again

ride hard take risks
    Any more news? pivot bearings, bolt, nut??
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    Is there play in the pivot area because the bolts are loose? Or is there play in the pivot despite the bolt being tight? If the bolt is working its way loose, you can (and should) put a little blue loctite on the threads. Be sure you clean the bolt and axle real well with some contact cleaner or some type of cleaner that does not leave a greasy residue before you apply the loctite.
    You might want to take the bike to your local shop to have them take a look at it. You may have ovalized the main pivot area.

If that doesn't help solve the problem, the next step would be to take the bike to your local shop to have them take a look at it. You may have ovalized the main pivot area.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    i just got to know that the guy in the shop where i fixed my bike just got the pivot straighten out and put it back in with new bolts

the bolts are tight, i think the spindle is broken for good now

mtbr member
    I don't understand...did you break the axle/spindle but the bolts are still intact?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    the spindle was bent and one bolt was broken in it, the guy only took out the broken bolt and straighten the axle

ride hard take risks
    Dank dude did the LBS even tell you they had straightened it when you picked it up last time?

Do you have any motorcycle shops nearby??
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    yea i do, how would they help?

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by AmirBernard
    yea i do, how would they help?
    Mechanics usually always have bits saved up, we call it gold, you never know when that bolt youve been hanging on to for 20 years can finally be put to use because it;s not in stock and thats what its going to take to finish the job. Their are so many times going to the piles of gold has saved a job or gotten a customer back on the road/trail. Generally the older techs have the best supply and they have the knowledge of referencing where something like what your looking for might or might not be.
    Formotion Products