mtbr member
    Apr 2012

My 'new' Haro V2

Hello everyone,

I picked up a Haro V2 on CL for $50. I was looking for bike to turn into a neighborhood beater with my kids so my Sette could stop pulling double duty. The opinions on this bike seem mixed (from what I can find) but overall descent for an entry level mountain bike.

Here's a quick pic:
    [IMG]Haro V2, 2004?19.5 Frame[/IMG]

It's in pretty good shape. Wasn't shifting right, etc... but I adjusted eveything and cleaned her up and she's shifting fine now. The rear tire was also not true but I was able to get that cleared up with spoke adjustments.

Anyway, the frame is set-up to accept disc brakes, but I'm curious if the wheels for the bike could, too, or how to know if they can. I don't mind reading to learn, just couldn't find the answer. I know some wheels are made for both. Sorry if that's a dumb question. I'm still very much learning. Lol, I had to watch YouTube and LiveStrong vids to figure out the other adjustments I did

Thank in advance-

J.

ride hard take risks
    Just ride it like you intended to. Its a low end component group and once you start UGI it just spirals out of control
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot