mtbr member
    Mar 2011

My new Haro Sonix LT!

Hello Haro people,

Just picked up a 2009 Sonix LT. Just wanted to come in and say hi to the rest of the family in this forum.

I haven't had a chance to ride it yet. I picked it up yesterday and had to stick it in my garage (had to go out of town). Got home a few hours ago and tinkered with it to get it ready for my first ride tomorrow!

Also what are your impressions of this bike? Any differences with the 2009 model compared to earlier ones? This is my first FS bike.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Took it out on my first ride yesterday. Moving from an old Specialized M2 hardtail to the Haro felt like lugging up a big piece of iron on the climb....punishment!

Coming down was pure joy! I had a friend who helped me dial in my suspension before the decent....what a difference.

Happy with it so far!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Congrats: I recently purchase a brand new 08 Sonix for a killer deal at my LBS " I think" , my first FS ,coming from a Haro flightline 1 is a big difference, climbing is little different and challenging due to the difference of travel, but on technical descents is awesome.
    Sonix LT I believe is also a big difference in fork travel than mine.
    Also welcome to the forum.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kukulkan
    Congrats: I recently purchase a brand new 08 Sonix for a killer deal at my LBS " I think" , my first FS ,coming from a Haro flightline 1 is a big difference, climbing is little different and challenging due to the difference of travel, but on technical descents is awesome.
    Sonix LT I believe is also a big difference in fork travel than mine.
    Also welcome to the forum.
    Thank you! I'm riding again tomorrow. Should be fun.

I found out that the frame is an '08 not a '09 as I was told. Mind I ask how much you purchased it for? Enjoy your new ride!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Congrats on picking up such a nice bike. Yeah, nothing like riding a lighter HT up trails. Maybe try different shock setting, etc... to get it dialed in for more comfortable climb.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by FatTigerSonny
    Congrats on picking up such a nice bike. Yeah, nothing like riding a lighter HT up trails. Maybe try different shock setting, etc... to get it dialed in for more comfortable climb.
    Sounds good. Don't forget to bring that pump so we can do some more fine tuning in the parking lot.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    875 w tx on Lay away, was the only way could afford a bike at this price with mid entry components on it. Not really concern if is the best deal, just the fact of been able to make payments on it is a big + .Besides I love the combo of white frame and everything else black .

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kukulkan
    875 w tx on Lay away, was the only way could afford a bike at this price with mid entry components on it. Not really concern if is the best deal, just the fact of been able to make payments on it is a big + .Besides I love the combo of white frame and everything else black .
    Sounds like a good looking bike! Post some pics when you can