mtbr member

My Haro has a new LOOK!

Here is a teaser for what my Haro will look like in a few days. I stripped all of the paint off my X7 and sanded it so that all of the grain is going in the same direction as each tube. I have had a Marzocchi 888RC on the bike for a couple years and just bought a Fox DHX 5.0 for the rear. Since the Fox has Blue accents, I decided to do the same with the design of the bike.

Below is a picture of my bike as I got started stripping paint and parts. I had some custom decals made for the bike and will upload pictures of them as soon as they are printed. I have a PDF file of them, but dont know how to post them for everyone to see. Basically, I am doing a "totem" theme. I will have a totem and the words Marzocchi going up the lowers of my fork in white. I will have HARO on the down tube of the bike in blue, and somewhere on the bike I will have a totem, in blue.

What do you guys think about the design ideas?

ride hard take risks
    Brother you have way too much time on your hands since you moved.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    Make sure to keep the paint stripper away from the pivot bearings. One drop on the bearing seals and they're toast.

mtbr member
    Ya, too much time...thank god. I have been biking like 15 times already this year.

The paint stripper was right up against and on top of the bearings, but I planned on this and bought new bearings. The old ones were almost seized up by the time I started the project.

The bike is now put back together. I will have the new custom decals tomorrow. As well as the mounting hardware needed for the new fox dhx 5.0.

ride hard take risks
    Thats awesome so today we may see the New Look!!!!!

Hows CCR9 been? cant still be dog training season.
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    Today you should get to see it all done...well I kinda want to go for a ride too, so it may be tomorrow...

mtbr member
    ^^Oh, and I am not sure how Ed is doing. I talk to him every once in a while but not for a minute now. I know his youngest boy is getting ready to be finished with high school so he is probably hanging out with him as much as he can.

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGHaroHucker
    ^^Oh, and I am not sure how Ed is doing. I talk to him every once in a while but not for a minute now. I know his youngest boy is getting ready to be finished with high school so he is probably hanging out with him as much as he can.
    Awesome thanks for the update, he was fun to have on the forum.
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    Ok, here is. New shock, new pedals, new pivots, new decals...

ride hard take risks
    Thats lookin Pimp Stylee you did a great job!!!!
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    Thanks bud. I am super stoked on it. I rode last night and tore the decal on the lowers of my fork a little, but I fixed them. I am kinda saddened to know that they will most likely be destroyed in my riding.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    will be pretty sick

mtbr member
    Assuming the X series uses the same pivot bearings as the shift, where did you get the bearings and how much did they cost? I've been planning on stripping mine as well. How difficult was it to get the paint off? Did you use aircraft stripper?

BTW, the bike looks great!

mtbr member
    Thanks guys. I used a heavy duty stripper "gel". It worked really well. It is super strong, so don't get it on your skin. I did a couple times and it stung really bad. I am unsure if the bearings are the same, I think mine were a 6000, but if you take the pivot bold out you can read the side label on the bearing and it will say. I think they were like $5 each, not much...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGHaroHucker
    Thanks guys. I used a heavy duty stripper "gel". It worked really well. It is super strong, so don't get it on your skin. I did a couple times and it stung really bad. I am unsure if the bearings are the same, I think mine were a 6000, but if you take the pivot bold out you can read the side label on the bearing and it will say. I think they were like $5 each, not much...
    Yeah, I've used aircraft stripper before and know the feeling. It burns instantly when it gets on your skin.

ride hard take risks
    Check with the Bros at Dirtlabs they have most bearings in stock.

http://www.greasybench.com/Bearings.aspx
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    Looks pretty sweet!!!