mtbr member

Mary EBB Question/ Carver EBB

I need to replace my stock EBB on my 2008 or 2009 Haro Mary SS. Does anyone know if the Carver EBB will work in place of the stock EBB?

mtbr member
    I don't see any specs on the Carver website, but it says it firs most standard EBB's. The EBB shell on the Mary frames measures 54.5mm. You might want to check with Carver to see what the compatibility would be.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by downhilljill
    I don't see any specs on the Carver website, but it says it firs most standard EBB's. The EBB shell on the Mary frames measures 54.5mm. You might want to check with Carver to see what the compatibility would be.
    I talked with Davis Carver, He assured me it will work. The Caver EBB measures in at 53.2mm. I ordered one and received it yesterday. I have not had time to installed yet.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Did you install it? Please post photos and tell us if it fits right.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Carver is a really nice unit and should work fine. Used one on a zion single speed. Creak free and much better setup that set bolts.

mtbr member
    It fits, I installed a while ago but just rode it for the first time last night. Not sure why yet, but it creeks really bad. I followed the instructions to a T. The bolt heads are very soft. I used a torque wrench on it and applied the appropriate torque. One side stripped out but before I hit the proper torque. Luckly I have one good side. I just torqued that one by feel. I will pull everything a part and see what is going on with the creaking. I will let you know what becomes of it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dkeg
    It fits, I installed a while ago but just rode it for the first time last night. Not sure why yet, but it creeks really bad. I followed the instructions to a T. The bolt heads are very soft. I used a torque wrench on it and applied the appropriate torque. One side stripped out but before I hit the proper torque. Luckly I have one good side. I just torqued that one by feel. I will pull everything a part and see what is going on with the creaking. I will let you know what becomes of it.
    It might be your crank arms OR chain ring bolts , need to check all those items.
    2010 Surly, Curry "Pugs"
    Surly, Gray "Pugs" R.I.P.
    2010 HARO, Mary SS
    Kona "Deluxe" roadbike