d00bie

Mary and Ally Derailleur Hanger the same?

Hey guys and gals! Last week i managed to put a hairline crack in my Derailleur Hanger on my 2 1/2 Week old Haro Ally XC. I know that the Mary is the Steel Version of the Ally so i was wondering if by chance the Derailleur Hangers would be the same?

I dropped the bike off last Wednesday, and they said theyd have it by Friday at 5 due to UPS coming later in the day. I called them later Friday and they said they had the part coming from different locations and it would either be here Today or Tomorrow. I called the shop and the guy i spoke to couldnt give me any info. The owner along with one of the workers from the shop are out today and told me to call back in a couple hours. At this point, im more than willing to drive up to an hour and a half to get the part thats a whopping $25 to ride. Its been almost a week and im frustrated, all the other places ive called to see if they have them said it would take them 2-3 fays to get it once ordered and another local one had a Hanger for a Mary so i was hoping that would work!

Thanks guys!

ride hard take risks
    Check here http://derailleurhanger.com./haro.htm they dont list the Ally but you should be able to match it to one.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

d00bie
    I got one the other day somewhat locally. Drove 4hrs round trip to get one after waiting a week. I think it was well worth it. Im done with my LBS, they dick you around too much and never had an answer for anything you ask, nor do they ever call or keep their word on anything. He was surprised to see me walk in with a Hanger, and even better when he said, "ya no one at all has these in stock anywhere, were still waiting on some to get here", after he said theyd be in 2days after i dropped my bike off.

4hrs, half tank of gas, and $25 for the Hanger well spent.

The Hanger is off of a Raleigh, imagine that lol!

Dogonfr, thank you for your help in both threads, much appreciated!

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by d00bie
    I got one the other day somewhat locally. Drove 4hrs round trip to get one after waiting a week. I think it was well worth it. Im done with my LBS, they dick you around too much and never had an answer for anything you ask, nor do they ever call or keep their word on anything. He was surprised to see me walk in with a Hanger, and even better when he said, "ya no one at all has these in stock anywhere, were still waiting on some to get here", after he said theyd be in 2days after i dropped my bike off.

4hrs, half tank of gas, and $25 for the Hanger well spent.

The Hanger is off of a Raleigh, imagine that lol!

Dogonfr, thank you for your help in both threads, much appreciated!
    I hear ya bro I have possibly 8 shops if not more within 20 minute radius yet I drive 40 minutes to a shop that enjoys people, thats 1 way. Not as far as your drive but I understand it aint easy finding real people to work with. My problem is I was a service manager at a moto dealer for 20 years and enjoy people.

You did well.

http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/fix/index.htm

http://www.parktool.com/repair/
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I love this post! I'm LMAO at myself I just posted about two weeks ago about getting a RD hanger and I called Haro got the part number gave it to my boss, (I work part time at a Haro shop), and I still don't have the part. I have only been working on bikes for a few years and it's 6 or 7 months a year I love it but I'm not going back this year becuse of the mismanagement.That guy doobie could have been talking about the shop I work for. Some people should stay out of the bike shop business they do more harm than good they are not in it for the love of biking thats for sure and it will show after they have been in business for a few years.

Any how!! Thank-you Dogonfr for the link above, I know that I haven't always agreed with you on everything but at the end of the day I try to see things how others do and that is how I grow-up a little bit more everyday thanks again

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by idinomac View Post
    I love this post! I'm LMAO at myself I just posted about two weeks ago about getting a RD hanger and I called Haro got the part number gave it to my boss, (I work part time at a Haro shop), and I still don't have the part. I have only been working on bikes for a few years and it's 6 or 7 months a year I love it but I'm not going back this year becuse of the mismanagement.That guy doobie could have been talking about the shop I work for. Some people should stay out of the bike shop business they do more harm than good they are not in it for the love of biking thats for sure and it will show after they have been in business for a few years.

Any how!! Thank-you Dogonfr for the link above, I know that I haven't always agreed with you on everything but at the end of the day I try to see things how others do and that is how I grow-up a little bit more everyday thanks again
    LoL no broken heart here bro we all learn from our mistakes and smart people will acknowledge when they are wrong, im wrong allot but do my best just like you. Ride On bro enjoy Life
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    Hey all - In answer to the original question - Yes the Mary, Beasely, Steel Reserve and Ally would appear to use the same hanger. Wheels Manufacturing/derailleurhanger.com #133. I just removed a dinged up one from an Ally frame and matched it up.
    No conventional wisdom, just current wisdom. Reinvented knowledge that is seldom relevant as the variable landscape is vast.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Derailleur Hangers

I love derailleurhanger.com! A couple years back I was a stick magnet and bust my rd each time I went out. Those guys were extremely helpful and I stocked my own replacements. Back then I think they had a buy 3 one free program. I tried to get my LBS to set up an account w/ them, but they would not. They much prefer to overpay at JB and then pass the cost on to me @ retail.
    GapRider MTB
    aka Chuck Faulkner
    Tazewell TN 37879

http://www.jeffrothcyclingfoundation.org

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracker69 View Post
    Hey all - In answer to the original question - Yes the Mary, Beasely, Steel Reserve and Ally would appear to use the same hanger. Wheels Manufacturing/derailleurhanger.com #133. I just removed a dinged up one from an Ally frame and matched it up.
    I also emailed Haro. They confirmed that the Mary SS uses a #133 derailleur hanger from 2008-2011.

I recently emailed Derailleurhanger.com back as well with the forwarded email from Haro so that they may update their site.

Members who have read this thread: 0