mtbr member

Looks like I am going to be a Haro girl :)

Pulled the trigger today getting my build started. 14" Haro v2 frame with upgraded dropouts and a Shimano Deore XT Wheelset. Got both for a trade-in and $120. Also have some Deore brakes on the way, $15 a set. So far, $200 into the build. Hope to have it done close to the new year I plan to ride the **** out of everything before upgrading to full suspension and hydraulic disc Wheelset and frame both support the switch the hydraulic too, so I can just switch out the frame when I am ready to upgrade.

So stoked, can't wait to get it all together!

mtbr member
    Welcome to the club, I have a Mary SS, in doing the same thing, start inexpensive and upgrade when I can. I went new bar and stem, then deore hydro's and I love them the. Some wheels. Good luck have fun and ride all you canLooks like I am going to be a Haro girl :)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1349405790.132710.jpg
    I'm sick of all the Irish stereotypes, as soon as I finish this beer I"m punching someone

mtbr member
    Alright, finally got my drivetrain started! Was having one hell of a time deciding between SRAM grip shifters (what I originally knew I liked) and the new Shimano Dual Control shifters, which I really liked the plushy, intuitive feel of.

I am also going with a 3x9 drivetrain, so I should be seeing a good selection of NOS stuff as the season winds down and the old 3x9 stuff is getting phased out

I found some fantastic deals on SRAM at Random Bike parts, so that is what I am going with!

Last week I grabbed SRAM X9 grip shifters for $36

Just picked up an X9 rear derailleur for $46: Random Bike Parts

I have found plenty of front derailleurs really cheap ($20 range), so I will grab that later.

Right now, I am on the prowl for a fantastic price on some Avid BB7's. I want to go with the 203mm rotor on the front, and 180 on the back, so I am trying to find sets that come with those sizes or something without the rotors so I can just grab them separately. If anyone has a line on a great deal on these, let me know! The best I have found was $61 for a 180mm with the G2 cleansweep rotors, but I think I can do better than that. I have seen them lower, but missed the sales. Haven't even looked at brake levers, but am open to suggestions on great prices for something with 1 finger braking

Vaguely keeping an eye on cranksets, don't have the money at the moment. I definitely want to get something pretty decent here, nothing lower than the rest of the drivetrain. The crankset is more important to me than drivetrain to get right, since I am large, so I want to make sure I am getting a really nice set. Basically, I am waiting for a $400-$500 set to drop down to around $200 or less, which is what I can afford. I have a couple months to wait out the right sale

mtbr member
    Finally ready to ride!

Looks like I am going to be a Haro girl :)-785414d1364526375-clydesdale-athena-more-like-fat-pony-%7C-bike.jpg

I screwed up the geometry of the Haro Frame pretty badly by putting a 120mm fork on the frame built around 75mm. The sag is set at 30%, however, so practically, while riding, it shouldn't be too bad! It looks awkward, but feels like a dream once I get in the saddle! Huge improvement geometry-wise over what I was riding before!

"Mountain Mix Haro" sounds about right Not a single thing on the build was included with the original specs for the frame

Haro V2 frame, 14"
    Thompson Elite seatpost
    WTB Pure V saddle
    Salsa seatclamp
    Manitou Minute Pro fork, 120mm, 20mm thru-axle
    Hans Dampf tires 2.35"
    Rhyno Lite rims, front hub is Hope 2 Evo, rear is Shimano XT
    SRAM X9 grip shifters
    SRAM X9 rear derailleur (9 speed)
    Shimano XTR front derailleur
    Shimano SLX Hydro brakes with Ice Tech pads
    203mm front rotor, 185mm rear
    SRAM 950 cassette
    KMC chain (X9, maybe?)
    Shimano SLX crankset
    Wellgo MG-1 pedals
    Raceface Dues handlebars
    FSA Orbit Extreme Pro headset
    Syncros AM V2 stem (60 or 70mm, don't remember)

Dex
    mtbr member
    Great work and nice bike!
    I just rebuilt my 06 V4 for my daughter to ride.
    Noxubee Hills Trail System's FB page
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Noxube...8499244?v=wall

mtbr member
    Looks nice! Some nice gear you put on there. I just got my Haro Mary SS done last week and I've been riding the crap out of it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Looks good, like the color

Just got some Wellgo pedals myself, love em