mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Just got the 08 Flightline Expert

Just bought the Fline Expert today, was going in the LBS with the intentions of buying a Giant XTC2, my first bike was a Giant Rincon and thought Giant had great "bang for the buck" when it came to price/components ratio. But my dealer showed me the Haro, and I had at least a pretty good idea of the components (had not heard of the xt shadow RD at the time). That is a pretty good deal I would say, got it for $850. BUT..

have not gotten a chance to ride it, by the time I got the bike, got home, got stuff switched out from old bike to new bike (pump and whatnot) and took care of a few other things, it was too late to ride. I just want someone to tell me I got a good deal and this is a good bike.... I am 6' 2", 255 lbs., and I do ...we'll say medium to hard recreational XC riding as in not a racer and won't try to be but I do try to do the trails in a fast time. I do NOT do any drops or jumps except for the little 6 inch drops maybe off of a rock or big root or something. Is this a good frame, even compared to the Giant? I know it may be a bit too late since it is sitting in my garage, but the dealer really talked it up, and I ended up spending about $200 more than planned. Was it worth it? Thanks in advance....

mtbr member
    Read what Mountain Bike Action had to say about the Flightline Expert in their March 2008 issue. We have the review posted here: http://www.harobikes.com/mtb/ads.php.

If you PM me your address, I'll be happy to send you a reprint of the review. They loved the bike!

At 255 lbs, you might want to consider ordering a stiffer fork spring kit. These kits aren't all that expensive and your shop and easily order and switch it out for you. It will make the bike ride much better for you.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

The forks?

Do you think the forks might be a problem? I just need to know so I can get it taken care of soon. I thought Darts were pretty good forks? I am using cheapo SR Suntour xcm 60 on my Rincon (had a wreck, bent the original stock forks) and they are doing well....but you know more about this than I do, would it make for a much better ride to change spring kits? Thank you....

mtbr member
    The Dart is a great fork for the price point. Forks come stock for riders of an average weight. If you are above or below average weight, changing the spring to a stiffer spring rate will make the bike ride better and more balanced.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Jill, just letting you know, about 2 months after getting this bike, I found the MOST incredible deal on a Reba SL, and took it. Once I got the air pressures dialed in right, it was a much better ride. You were right and thank you for the advice.

mtbr member
    Nice! The Reba is an outstanding fork. I'm sure it's making your FL Expert ride like a dream.