mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Haro Zero One Sizing???

I'm looking to get a singlespeed and reallt interested in the Zero One. However I notice the largest frame is a 15" and I'm about 6'2". My legs are really long and don't mind riding a slightly smaller frame, especially for urban and park.

I was just seeing if there are some taller riders with the Zero One and your feedback.

mtbr member
    The Zero bikes are dirt jump/urban type bikes. The frame design is such that you ride a bike that is super small in the stand over height. The seat height is also not set anywhere near XC height. Eric Porter, one of our riders, is about 6' tall and rides a new prototype DJ frame that has a 12" seat tube. Our warranty guy is 6'4" and rides what is essentially the 13" Zero.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I have a Zero Eight in the 18" frame size. Im 6'3"ish and I like the fit of the bigger frame I dont really use the bike for DJ, more of an all round trail bike that can handle bigger drops and jumps then my other bike. its a great bike and I love it, Ive have had no problems with it except the rear drop outs kept coming loose then the bolt holes stripped out but Haro sent new ones that are way beefier and I havent had a problem since. Ive acctually started liking the Haro alot more then my Spec. and I may sell it and get a X7.

mtbr member
    Thanks for reminding me - doh! The Zero One single speed bike is only available in 13" or 15". The Zero Eight geared bike is avaialble in 14", 16" and 18". Jake - your looking for a single speed, but you can, because of the sliding dropouts, convert the Zero Eight to single speed easily. If the 15" One is too small, you can always go to the 16" or 18" Eight and convert to ss.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Haro bikes, do you guys have any demos scheduled for the Chicago area? I noticed a few companys have recently had demos at Challenge Park in Joliet, Il. I had a Haro BMX bike which I loved, and was really interested in the Zero One SS, but am a little nervious buying a bike that I have never seen or rode. The shop I work at sell Haro BMX, but unfortuanetely don't carry any MTB in stock.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jake2119
    Haro bikes, do you guys have any demos scheduled for the Chicago area? I noticed a few companys have recently had demos at Challenge Park in Joliet, Il. I had a Haro BMX bike which I loved, and was really interested in the Zero One SS, but am a little nervious buying a bike that I have never seen or rode. The shop I work at sell Haro BMX, but unfortuanetely don't carry any MTB in stock.
    We are trying to set up a mid-west demo, but so far haven't been very successful. The nearest one that is confirmed will be at the Pedro's Festival. You guys need to get MTB in your shop and then be our shop contact for a mid-west demo

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    RE: The sliding dropout problem...

I ride with a guy who has a zero-eight. He is CONSTANTLY having problems with the dropouts moving and causing the tire to rub. Stipped out one dropout trying to get it tight enuf not to move (replaced already). It has been in the shop at least 5 times with them trying different things, sand the frame, sand the dropouts, put serated washers under the bolt heads, etc. I've seen some comments about there being a new dropout design with integrated tensioners. What should he ask for at the shop to get this new design as the numbskulls there now obviously don't know about them yet?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WaveDude
    RE: The sliding dropout problem...

I ride with a guy who has a zero-eight. He is CONSTANTLY having problems with the dropouts moving and causing the tire to rub. Stipped out one dropout trying to get it tight enuf not to move (replaced already). It has been in the shop at least 5 times with them trying different things, sand the frame, sand the dropouts, put serated washers under the bolt heads, etc. I've seen some comments about there being a new dropout design with integrated tensioners. What should he ask for at the shop to get this new design as the numbskulls there now obviously don't know about them yet?
    Yes, there is a new desing with a built in tensioner. Have him go the the shop and ask him to call our warranty guys. They'll send him out a set of these (the slider with the hanger is shown, but we've got a ss specific slider too).
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Sweet. He is gonna be stoked 'cause he curses that bike everytime it slips. I may even score a RedBull out of this deal. Thanks.

h-town hucker
    WD on the mission to helping everyone out!!!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    goyo is gonna be so happy.

h-town hucker
    sorry ssk... it wasnt goyo. it was that guy mitch. he has the orange Haro zero eight or whatever. goyo has a felt. im not sure if you've ever saw the guy w/ the haro. mitch is htownfx4 on the AH forums.

SamIAm
    well i have a haro zero medium ss and im 6'2" and it fits me fine. i love it.
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

05 SxT: totemcoil, dhxair, juicycarbons, LXcranks, X9kit, halo freedomdisc, deity compound pedals

bmxoldschool.com
    I just picked up a leftover Zero One 15" from my LBS for short money, and I am 6-4 320. I am putting a longer stem on it, but for a single speed to blast around on it fits pretty nicely (especially for the price... LOL)

Now I have to see how long it take for my lard a$$ to break it.
    Tom
    www.bmxoldschool.com
    ALWAYS looking to buy OLD SCHOOL BMX stuff!!

bmxoldschool.com

Cool-blue Rhythm

Rode my Zero One for the first time today at Rye Skatepark with my 10 year old son, and I have to say it was great fun. Comfortable bike, easy to manuever, and within a few minutes iI was feeling like 16 again.....UNTIL......the dreadded sliding dropout problem launced me over the bars and pretty much on my face. Not fun for my 1st time on a ramp in 20 years (yes, really. 20 years.)

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, off to the dealer i go tomorrow.....hopefully it will be fixed quickly, since I am supposed to ride there again tomorrow with my son....

Anyways, here are some pics of the beast. Check out my new headtube decal. You are real OLD SCHOOL Haro if you remember these!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tom
    www.bmxoldschool.com

mtbr member
    Ouch! Damn, sorry to hear that. We do have a fix for the sliding DO problem...please tell your shop to call our warranty department and they'll send out a fix kit. Not everyone has had problems, so we're handling it on a case-by-case basis with bikes in the field.

bmxoldschool.com
    thanks Jill, I brought it back to the dealer today, along with this thread printed out. He immediately called Haro and they are sending the piece out next week, which is great, but that = downtime for the bikeof about a week and a half, which is kind of a bummer.

I took a Redline 29er to the skatepark today. Not NEARLY as much fun as the Haro was yesterday. I miss it already!!!
    Tom
    www.bmxoldschool.com

SMT Supporter
    I'm 5,8 feet tall and ride the 13" zero-one frame wich is sick size for DJ and park riding

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

haro zero one

[SIZE="4"]i have a chance to buy a haro zero one at a store for 399$ should i buy it??[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    i have a chance to buy a haro zero one new for 400$ should i buy it???

SamIAm
    heck yes
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

05 SxT: totemcoil, dhxair, juicycarbons, LXcranks, X9kit, halo freedomdisc, deity compound pedals

mtbr member
    buy it. ride it. love it. nuff said
    In the end the dream is not about getting there, but enjoying the ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    yea ive got the stupid sliding problem to and i was about to change frame or get it welded!! i tried everything from washer to red and blue locktite and tightening as hard as possible and always gets loose after only one ride...if that problem was fixed my bike would be perfect cause it goes really good!

that my haro zero one ive modified it quite a bit with a white dirt jumper 2 2007... white handle(painted) bars...new headset...i put a back hydrolique disc brake (hayes sole) a new front wheel (s type)
    now i hope i can find a way to fix the stupid sliding problem
    Last edited by matt22matt; 07-11-2008 at 08:07 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by matt22matt
    now i hope i can find a way to fix the stupid sliding problem
    You'll probably get some help here and be rockin again in no time.

TLdIRT
    Get the regular haro zero. I got a frame for liek $120 and built it up. Frame is great, very light, I could easily buy a black market frame but I dont see any point because my zero frame is doing perfect for me. Horizontal drop outs kick ass.