mtbr member

Haro X7 Big Rider Help

I just bought a used (2009) Fox DHX 5.0 for my X7. I am 6'9" and 300lb, but losing weight. The spring is 450lb and I was wondering if this is the right spring for me? I can't read what my stock spring is, but I like the feel of it for the most part.

mtbr member
    You're looking for a 20% to 25% sag rate on your rear shock. To measure this, measure the eye-to-eye distance (just use the center of the mounting bolts) with you off of the bike. Hop on the bike and have a friend measure the same distance. The measurement with you off the bike should be about 9.5". The measurement with you on the bike should be about 7.25" to 7.5". If you have more/less sag than that, you might want to adjust your spring rate accordingly.

mtbr member
    The stock shock that came on my 2006 X7 was a Manitou M3tal and it had a 400x3.0 spring on it. I ended up replacing it with a 5th Element rebuilt by Avalanche Racing and has a 400lb. spring. I'm 6-1 220. I dig it.
    \m/

mtbr member
    Thanks. I liked the feel of the stock spring that came on my manitou metal shock, and if it was 400lb as suggested by Hornzup\m/ then I should be fine with a little stiffer shock at 450lb. Sounds like it should be just right.