mtbr member
    Dec 2006

haro x1 shock and fork questions

i have a completly stock haro x1. i ride a pretty aggressive trail style ride. im a lage kid(250) and am looking at fork and shock combos. im on a tight budget so im kinda in a hurry to get some colse outs, im looking and gettting the manitou swinger air 4-way for the rear. and manitou 2 fork for the front

06 Man Minute2 oe 100-130 Blk TPC with lockout
    External Rebound Adj.
    Rapid Travel Wind Down travel adjust system
    TPC damping with lockout
    Disc only
    Cold-forged hollow crown with aluminum steerer
    Semi-bath lubrication system
    Evil Genius seals
    Magnesium Reverse Arch casting with integrated graphics
    74mm Post Mount
    Travel 100-130 mm
    1-1/8" Threadless
    4.3lbs.
    Coil

will these hold up to my wiehgt and alow for smaller drops and allaround riding. how are they as far as pedaling because everything i ride down i have to also ride up. any suggestions or opinions will be considered

mtbr member
    The Manitou Minute is a good all-around fork. It's sturdy enough to hit some smaller drops but light enough to not be a complete bear to climb with, either. The TPC versions isn't the highest-end Minute, but the Minute forks in general are Manitou's better enduro forks.

As for spring rate, most springs come from the factory with medium springs. You might want to contact the good folks at Manitou for their recommendations on the right spring rate for your weight.

Just Joshin' ya!
    What is your budget for the front fork? I think there are better options out there. I love my 2005 Marzocchi All Mountain SL on my X2. It is light, plush, and holds up to my very aggressive style of riding. I am a big guy too. I don't think I would get that kind of performance from a Manitou Minute. I think you can still pick one up for about 300.
    What do we want? TIME TRAVEL! When do want it? THAT'S IRRELEVANT!