mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Haro Warranty Mary SS?

Just went through a local Haro dealer here in Utah to try and get my Mary SS warrantied, no love from the Haro warranty department. Gussets over the headtube welds have very small cracks which are growing larger. This is concerning because I would imagine cracks in the gussets might be because of a problem with the welds underneath.

Full Disclosure: My original frame, a 2007 Orange Mary SS, cracked where both seatstays attach to the seatpost, it was warrantied promptly. So this frame was the replacement for that frame.

Isn't the original frame warrantied for 5 years from the date of purchase? Should the gussets be cracking after a couple seasons worth of riding? It looks as though since I purchased they changed their policy to a lifetime warranty, so not really sure. Either way it's 5 years since the original purchase of the bike.
    Last edited by JTrue; 05-11-2011 at 04:20 PM.

ride hard take risks
    Shoot them a email and post this on their fb someons bound to wake up

http://www.harobikes.com/mtb/contact/

http://www.facebook.com/HaroBikesMTB
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    Shoot them a email and post this on their fb someons bound to wake up

http://www.harobikes.com/mtb/contact/

http://www.facebook.com/HaroBikesMTB

God idea. Thanks dogonfr.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Any luck with Haro on your warranty issue? I just discovered mine has a broken frame - top tube at head tube weld completely fractured. What would they replace it with - I can't find the Mary SS in the current Haro catalogue?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    No luck, not a pm call, nothing. Reminds me I need to go pickup the frame from the shop that contacted Haro to see about the warranty.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Bummer. Hope my shop has a better response.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Good luck, it seems like ever since the cutting of jobs in 2010 their customer CS/Warranty service has really taken a hit. They don't even respond to facebook posts on their page anymore. Who knows what's really going on, but when CS and Warranty service are non-existent people go elsewhere to buy a bike. Hopefully they realize this before it's too late...

Plus size jersey model
    Revive an dead old thread. How did this ever turnout? My Mary just cracked at the seatstays as well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bigworm520 View Post
    Revive an dead old thread. How did this ever turnout? My Mary just cracked at the seatstays as well.
    No luck, frame is sitting in my garage. I built up a Niner One 9 that weighs in at 19 lbs. Buy something else, when a company doesn't stand behind their warranty it's time to move on.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JTrue View Post
    N... Buy something else, when a company doesn't stand behind their warranty it's time to move on.
    While I agree that no more business should be given to them I wouldn't roll over so quickly.

Why not file in small claims? It's clearly a breach of contract. You purchased a bike/frame with a warranty being a condition of the sale. Filing would probably be enough (i.e. once they receive the docs they'd most likely come to some kind of agreement outside of court), or at least it should be. Make sure to file for costs as well (you're allowed to file for your filing fees as well where I'm from.. which you don't have to pay unless you go to court, so it pushes them to settle out of court rather than pay an extra $400 on top of the actual damages.. i.e. frame cost, moving components over etc).

ride hard take risks
    The warranty is pretty specific if you read it, not that I agree with it. People that buy a bike because it says Life Time Warranty are only reading the Big Bold selling print. The so called life time is the life of that model line only not a actual life time. If the model is discontinued their are laws that they must have a warranty back up for X amount of years. The oter option the manufacture has if they want to be nice is selling you a frame at pro deal but their is no guarantee that the components will fit so you may be doing some UGI
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    whats with all the rust, do you keep it in the ocean?
    I'm sick of all the Irish stereotypes, as soon as I finish this beer I"m punching someone

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by khighfield View Post
    Bummer. Hope my shop has a better response.
    Just realized I never updated on this. My shop (Sun & Ski Sports, Houston) contacted Haro and I got a new frame without any difficulty. Fortunately, they had some Mary SS frames left. Can't complain at that. I like my shop!

Plus size jersey model
    Mine doesn't have any rust. Thats all paint chips.