mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Haro Tech Support = Clueless

I lost my manual on my '07 Mary XC. I was upgrading my crankset/BB & contacted tech support for my Bottom Bracket width. Seemingly a simple question. "Jill H" amazingly provided the wrong answer for 2 weeks & 9 email's.
    After the 3rd or so email it was obvious that she was easily confused .. & refused to transfer me to an engineer! .. so I bought a micrometer. In the end I had to inform her of the BB width.
    By far the most incompetent tech support I have ever recieved. (& I worked in a shop for 7 yrs). If I had listened to her I would've ruined my frame/new crankset/BB/etc.
    I like the bike, but if that's the sort of "10 year" employees they have ... Lets just say I am thoroughly convinced not to buy another one.

mtbr member
    Wow, you worked in a shop for 7 years and couldn't determine BB width. What did you do sweep floors?

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Haro Tech Clueless

Fair question that is.
    I didn't mind sweeping floors, I like a clean shop - but it was mostly sales, & it was admittadly a long time ago, &...
    Actual measurement is 71.042 (w/ paint) - it sorta looked 'in-between' 68 & 73, cause it is. She called it both 68 & 73 - I still don't know what it's 'supposed' to be. I'm using 2 BB spacers instead of the 1 or 3 that's reccommended. 1 ride, working nice so far. And now I have a shiny, new micrometer.

mtbr member
    The BB is an English thread and would use a 68-73 like most other cross country bikes. The BB that you will buy will be labeled as such 68-73. Lets just hope you didn't sell any bottom brackets in those 7 years. Pic related.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Haro Tech = Clueless

Holy dork! I needed to know how many spacers to use, that's how they work.

master blaster
    Wow, you worked in a shop for 7 years and dont own a micrometer untill now??. What did you do sweep floors?
    Quote Originally Posted by ISuckAtRiding View Post
    The dude is like 120lbs, tops lol he can run any tires he wants without issues, i'm sure.

master blaster

Smile

wahoooooo!

http://www.sram.com/_media/techdocs/95-6115-003-000.pdf

that was hard.

everyone who works at haro is kickass.

/thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by ISuckAtRiding View Post
    The dude is like 120lbs, tops lol he can run any tires he wants without issues, i'm sure.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Haro Tech = Clueless

Why would a salesguy own a micrometer?, esp when the shop has one.
    lotta whiners @ Haro thread, eh? U can have it. bye.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob 2
    I lost my manual on my '07 Mary XC. I was upgrading my crankset/BB & contacted tech support for my Bottom Bracket width. Seemingly a simple question. "Jill H" amazingly provided the wrong answer for 2 weeks & 9 email's.
    After the 3rd or so email it was obvious that she was easily confused .. & refused to transfer me to an engineer! .. so I bought a micrometer. In the end I had to inform her of the BB width.
    By far the most incompetent tech support I have ever recieved. (& I worked in a shop for 7 yrs). If I had listened to her I would've ruined my frame/new crankset/BB/etc.
    I like the bike, but if that's the sort of "10 year" employees they have ... Lets just say I am thoroughly convinced not to buy another one.